Car driving fine. There have been several diagnositic codes noted. I heard the O2 Sensor ?#2 needed replacing. I was also told at HONDA I needed 2 heat sheilds relaced - they were rusting on the edges. I have been told that is not necc.?? Parts cost? Reality? Heat shield issue? Been Told up to 750 or 800 at Honda. As low as 300 for parts and labor at other place. Help truth. I was also told I would notice a change in the car feel, sound and gas mileage when it really needed to be done. Funny, I went over a curb and banged up 2 tires and a control arm in a freak seconds occurance and they clamped up what sounded like a heat shield. In the meantime - light went off for several days until a long distance drive.
My engine light has been on for months - was going on and off for months before. on 2003 Honda CR-V
Asked by for the 2003 Honda CR-V
This week's top 10
Recent Honda CR-V Questions
- When in heavy traffic moving very slowly and outside temp is 80+ temperature guage
- How much does it cost to replace timing belt?
- is clutch on its way out? smell, squeal and slip in 6th if revved then engaged!
- check engine light not on but its sounds like the alternator doesn't work
- What are the tools needed to install a ignition switch.
2003 Honda CR-V Estimates
- Brake Wheel Cylinder Replacement ($291 - $406) in Pleasant Hill, TN
- Cabin Air Filter Replacement ($44 - $56) in Emmonak, AK
- Crankshaft Position Sensor Replacement ($139 - $289) in Edmondson, AR
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($70 - $114) in Mill Creek, PA
- CV Axle Assembly Replacement ($188 - $1,564) in Wheaton, IL
- Stabilizer Bar Link Kit Replacement ($109 - $127) in Elgin, PA