I live on a narrow windy track and drive mostly in 2nd gear until I get to town. When I slow down to go round a bend the revs fall below 1,500 and the car won't pull away up the hill with out the engine jumping. I then have to put it into first gear. It never used to do this. What is wrong with it?
My engine kicks when the revs fall below 1,500 revs. on 1999 Ford Escort
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
- 1999 Ford escort has problems starting at times have to push on gas rev thn strt
- Sitting at light and car will idle high. Changes gaskets, control module.
- zx2 wont get fuel. What could be problem?
1999 Ford Escort Estimates
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($83 - 104) in West Hartford, VT
- Air Filter Replacement ($37 - 66) in Burdine, KY
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($256 - 1,036) in Averill Park, NY
- EGR Valve Replacement ($154 - 229) in Etna, NY
- Horn Replacement ($170 - 183) in Harrisburg, AR
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($79 - 97) in Haydenville, OH