On 2 ocassions I have been driving and my engine stalls and I can't steer to the side of the road. I have to have it towed to the dealers and both times they said that a sensor (air filter first time and crank shaft the second time) told the computer to shut the engine off...There was nothing wrong with the car except the sensor being too sensitive. I have 35,000 miles and have it serviced yearly...I have asked Mercedes how many more sensors can be faulty and what type of retrofit they have provided for this issue.
My Engine and stering stop while driving in traffic on 2001 Mercedes-Benz C320
This week's top 10
Recent Mercedes-Benz C320 Questions
- What could be the problem and the solution?
- The RPM seems to go higher (close to red) and seems not to go to the next gear?
- Battery dies ,pulled fuses for power seats and battery still drains.
- Why is the the steering locking up, and jerking the auto off the road?
- if you open the driver door to my left side of dash . Also trunk left sids
2001 Mercedes-Benz C320 Estimates
- Thermostat Replacement ($204 - 285) in Conger, MN
- Engine Overheating Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Dobbins, CA
- Radiator Replacement ($509 - 718) in French Village, MO
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($104 - 143) in Stanley, WI
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($250 - 343) in Mount Cory, OH
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($785 - 1,969) in Lewisville, NC