I had my tires checked and balanced, no rubbing from the tire, wheel, or wheel wieghts. i recently changed both front brake pads and rotors. I put new rear bearing seal and repacked the bearings. Did not change the brake calipers (that is my next thing i am gonna try). I was convinced it was a wheel or tire rub because it started after a tire repair and rotation and balance. No grinding or squeeking just a low winding sound with a little shimmy or vibration but not all the time.
My driver side front wheel has a sound like mud tires on pavement but lower+vibe on 1996 Dodge Ram 2500
Asked by for the 1996 Dodge Ram 2500
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Ram 2500 Questions
- airconditioner quit working after being charged. The drivers side was working.
- Truck hesitates while accelerating when you first tried to take off also at idle the RPMs will go up and down
- there is two fuse boxes, ones inside and there is another one outside
- Why is my diesel truck Smoking and very little power?
- stalls out, usually more at over 55 MPG. no show on computer read.
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 Estimates
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($289 - $467) in Emblem, WY
- Valve Adjustment ($201 - $307) in Janesville, IA
- AC Condenser Replacement ($354 - $574) in Harlingen, TX
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($403 - $814) in Laketown, UT
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($26 - $45) in Mahopac Falls, NY
- Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($97 - $209) in Cascilla, MS