Will a water pump seize cause a drive belt to break and necessitate the purchase and installation of a new water pump and drive belt. I got an estimate charge of $1295 which includes labor. Is this a fair price.
My drive belt broke and the repair shop said it broke because my water pump fail on 2008 Scion xD
This week's top 10
Recent Scion xD Questions
- Trac Light & Check Engine Light goes on and off.
- Why does TC Lockup not occur in overdrive?
- how to remove spark plug well if possible
- None of the trouble lights came on until right before the car died. Now they say I need a new engine and the warning lights should have come indicating that something was wrong. Has this happened to anyone else? Not sure if I go legal with it?
- Rear bumper and left light casing replacement
2008 Scion xD Estimates
- Automatic Transmission Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Ward, AL
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($413 - 1,127) in Weinert, TX
- Radiator Replacement ($711 - 909) in Evanston, IL
- PCV Valve Replacement ($207 - 264) in Davis City, IA
- Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement ($49 - 54) in Carter Lake, IA
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($1,418 - 1,492) in Pine Island, MN