Will a water pump seize cause a drive belt to break and necessitate the purchase and installation of a new water pump and drive belt. I got an estimate charge of $1295 which includes labor. Is this a fair price.
My drive belt broke and the repair shop said it broke because my water pump fail on 2008 Scion xD
This week's top 10
Recent Scion xD Questions
- Why does TC Lockup not occur in overdrive?
- how to remove spark plug well if possible
- None of the trouble lights came on until right before the car died. Now they say I need a new engine and the warning lights should have come indicating that something was wrong. Has this happened to anyone else? Not sure if I go legal with it?
- Rear bumper and left light casing replacement
- How much should it cost to replace a failed charcoal canister?
2008 Scion xD Estimates
- Battery Replacement ($163 - 202) in Ward, AL
- 150,000 Mile Service ($183 - 270) in Weinert, TX
- Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement ($196 - 268) in Evanston, IL
- Brake Shoe Replacement ($174 - 214) in Davis City, IA
- Noise Diagnosis ($61 - 78) in Carter Lake, IA
- CV Axle Assembly Replacement ($969 - 1,020) in Pine Island, MN