My Elantra seriously never had much problems aside from issues with the car battery. So yeah, my car is a manual transmission and the last couple weeks I'm having problems accelerating especially when getting on the free or trying to accelerate when the light turns green. I took my car into the shop and I'm told my clutch needs to be replaces as well as the sparkplugs. Why is the maintenance so much on a clutch replacement?
My clutch? on 2004 Hyundai Elantra
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Jim Taddei ,
April 07, 2011
The RepairPal estimate for clutch replacement on your 2004 Hyundai Elantra is $491 - $664. That does not seem our of the ordinary. The transmission must be removed to replace the clutch. Here is a link to the estimate - https://repairpal.com/estimator?car_type_id=4008
1 answerJune 16, 2016
1 answerNovember 26, 2012
1 answerFebruary 07, 2012
1 answerAugust 09, 2014
2 answersOctober 20, 2012
This week's top 10
Recent Hyundai Elantra Questions
- Where is the fuse for the brake lights it's not labeled on the fuse panel box
- Why do the rpm's stay high while shifting gears (5 speed manual trans)?
- Has anyone else had to reset the time on their clock again and again?
- Where is the turn signal relay located?
- Bought car recently for wife.Did not come with key fob.Can I get 1& how? Thank U
2004 Hyundai Elantra Estimates
- AC Compressor Replacement ($715 - 830) in Scottsdale, AZ
- 7,500 Mile Service ($27 - 61) in Marshall, IN
- Brake Hose Replacement ($118 - 245) in Coleman, FL
- 105,000 Mile Service ($199 - 295) in Cliffwood, NJ
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($284 - 497) in Covington, PA
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($117 - 161) in Ethan, SD