Car was running great prior to this. Now it's spitting and sputtering and acts like it's not getting gas. This happened once before in March 2011 and after driving for a couple of days car ran perfect again and check engine light went off. Weather was cold while car sat at airport. What could this be?
My check engine light came on after sitting at airport for 7 days on 2004 Ford Escape
Asked by for the 2004 Ford Escape
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escape Questions
- Throwing a Rich code p2196 p 2198
- Why would i have no stopping power with the brake pedal all the way depressed?
- I can't get the rear wiper motor to work.
- A/C compressor replaced twice in 6months 2nd time it worked for only 3 days.
- ABS and Road Traction lights go on at same time on and off. ,Brakes okay
2004 Ford Escape Estimates
- Brake Wheel Cylinder Replacement ($308 - $402) in Waverly, PA
- Canister Purge Valve Replacement ($178 - $205) in Fisty, KY
- Manual Transmission Fluid Change ($67 - $117) in Fincastle, VA
- Brake Shoe Replacement, Resurface Drums ($265 - $350) in Bethany, IL
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($123 - $153) in Edgewater, FL
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($145 - $290) in Atwood, OK