I have checked the egr valve itself and cleaned it as well as the vacuum modulator. I've scrubbed the metal pipe to the manifold and all the tiny tubes as well. Egr valve is stumbling like it should when in idle and pressing up on diaphragm. Releases as it should. The filter is clean on the vac mod. Should I go ahead and clean inside the manifold where it all connects? I hear it can get clogged shut with carbon and will generally throw a p0401. I'm about 124k miles. Manual transmission 4spd with no power steering but I do have air-conditioning. Please help as I'm taking a road trip soon n need to get this fixed as well as learning what to do as I'm a girl and I should know this stuff
My CEL keeps coming back on p0401 on 1995 Toyota Tercel
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Tercel Questions
- Car will start, but will then cuts off and will not idle. Replaced plugs, plug w
- Why do my headlights and gauges go dim when I stop at a light?
- My reading panel for the fuel, speed and the temperature stopped working.
- There's a weird nut/screw when trying to take out regulator, please help.
- Car will rev in neutral but sputters and trys to die in drive
1995 Toyota Tercel Estimates
- Air Conditioning Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Dunmor, KY
- MAP Sensor Replacement ($459 - 531) in Saint Paul, NE
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($246 - 325) in Luxemburg, WI
- 127,500 Mile Service ($71 - 118) in Angora, MN
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($333 - 413) in Isle of Wight, VA
- Starter Motor Replacement ($229 - 316) in Portola Vally, CA