the car has been siting for a while- the battery when boosted lights come on..but the starter just clicks...
My car won't start- the engine won't turn over- on 2000 Jaguar XJ8
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by pushrod ,
July 27, 2013
Replace the battery!! Might try charging it for about 8hrs at 6 amps. If it sat during COLD weather then battery is shot as that fluid stuff inside becomes water after charge is gone. Water freezes, battery plates warp!
1 answerAugust 24, 2014
1 answerNovember 09, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Jaguar XJ8 Questions
- Is it OK for the fan to run for 3 min after the car is turned off?
- Sometimes my car says cruise control not available
- My car lis leaking coolant and motor oil leak . Should i take it to the Jaguar D
- What needs to be checked when you get an error message for a park brake fault?
- restriced profromance, indicators light, amber in color, started after adding ga
2000 Jaguar XJ8 Estimates
- Cabin Air Filter Replacement ($75 - 97) in Quicksburg, VA
- AC Recharge ($200 - 276) in Van Buren, AR
- Tire Rotation ($26 - 34) in Grovespring, MO
- Starter Replacement ($327 - 768) in Tracys Landing, MD
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($257 - 326) in Long Green, MD
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($104 - 183) in Worcester, VT