The vehicle has not ran hot. it has 280,000 miles on it but has been taken care of. Could it possible be the valve stem seals allowing a little oil to seap by? It does not do it everytime i crank the car. the smoke does not smell sweet like coolant is blowing out. when you check the oil on the dipstick, it looks ok. it does not have a milky appearance like the headgasket is cracked or leaking.
my car when i first crank it puffs out a whitish smoke. what is the problem? on 1996 Honda Accord
Asked by for the 1996 Honda Accord
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Accord Questions
- Engine light illuminated intermittently.
- What would cause the engine to start and then cut-off after warming?
- Oil pan removal, i have all the bolts off, stuck on the automatic tranny cover,
- How do I remove a screw that fell into the steering column?
- My check engine light is on after replacing the plugs, ignition coils anf EGR
1996 Honda Accord Estimates
- Radiator Replacement ($371 - $586) in Hamburg, NY
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($649 - $1,252) in Umatilla, OR
- Heater Core Replacement ($800 - $1,120) in Malone, FL
- Oil Leak Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Beulah, MS
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($516 - $571) in Happy, TX
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($395 - $808) in Castaner, PR