2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Q&A

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Question: my car was totally dead and then all of a sudden started. What could problem be

The service techs think it is the starter, but they couldn't do the diagnostic test because it started. I put a new battery in about 2 months ago, and it's been working perfect. I put gas into it this morning and when to start it and it was dead. -
possibly intermittent issue -
Comment 1
The techs think this may be the issue also. Thanks for answering! -
poss strter is binding up at times -
Comment 1
This is the first time it's ever done this. Thanks for answering -
What do you do to get it started again? Do you just keep turning the key or what exactly do you do? What trans. do you have auto. or manual? -
Comment 1
I kept trying to turn it over but it never started. I had it towed. Then, when the tech was going to pull it into the stall, he tried it again and it just started up. Monday, the garage had is hooked up to diagnostic machine the whole day and kept trying to start it, and it started every time. My car is a PT Cruiser auto. -
Depends on your definition of 'dead' , but ALL connections especially at the battery , would be a good place to start. If it happens again , try moving the gear-shift back and forth -MAYBE neutral safety....again it depends on the def. of 'dead'. -