my car was totally dead and then all of a sudden started. What could problem be on 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser

The service techs think it is the starter, but they couldn't do the diagnostic test because it started. I put a new battery in about 2 months ago, and it's been working perfect. I put gas into it this morning and when to start it and it was dead.

Asked by for the 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser
4 answers 3 comments
possibly intermittent issue
The techs think this may be the issue also.
Thanks for answering!
Depends on your definition of 'dead' , but ALL connections especially at the battery , would be a good place to start. If it happens again , try moving the gear-shift back and forth -MAYBE neutral safety....again it depends on the def. of 'dead'.
poss strter is binding up at times
This is the first time it's ever done this.
Thanks for answering
What do you do to get it started again? Do you just keep turning the key or what exactly do you do?
What trans. do you have auto. or manual?
I kept trying to turn it over but it never started. I had it towed. Then, when the tech was going to pull it into the stall, he tried it again and it just started up.
Monday, the garage had is hooked up to diagnostic machine the whole day and kept trying to start it, and it started every time. My car is a PT Cruiser auto.