Yesterday,my 2000 Honda accord ex 4cylinder, began to sputter and jerk before it cut off. I had felt very slight jerking or hesitation a couple of days prior while driving, but it didn't last and the car continued to run. Yesterday, after the car cut off and some smoke came from under the hood , but the temperature gauage did not show the engine had run hot it remained in the normal range.The car would not start at first, I waited about 45 min and tried to start it and it started but would continue sputtering and cut off. I could get it to run if I pressed on the gas pedal but when I would come off the pedal it would sputter and would eventually cut off again. I didn't try to start it again, I had it towed to a repair shop for evaluation. What could be the problem(s) and the possible solutions? Oh, the car has over 200,000 mostly highway miles.
My car was sputtering and cut off on me yesterday while driving. on 2000 Honda Accord
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Accord Questions
- Replaced low beam bulb and connector, passenger side. Trouble shooting what next
- What size wrench is needed for oil drain plug? And where is oil filter located ?
- I have a 99 Honda Accord Ex 4 Cylinder and it cranks but doesn't start
- why is the green sport mode light on and car keep cutting off new distributor on
- What do the codes p0705 p0700 and p0780 mean together? The car is running fine
2000 Honda Accord Estimates
- Brake Shoe Replacement ($148 - 213) in Centuria, WI
- Ignition Cap and Rotor Replacement ($43 - 94) in Spring Brook, NY
- Brake Pad Replacement ($140 - 188) in Stoddard, WI
- Radiator Fan Assembly Replacement ($188 - 266) in Sag Harbor, NY
- Trans Oil Cooler Line Replacement ($62 - 95) in Gonvick, MN
- Engine Mount Replacement ($559 - 763) in Orford, NH