Yesterday,my 2000 Honda accord ex 4cylinder, began to sputter and jerk before it cut off. I had felt very slight jerking or hesitation a couple of days prior while driving, but it didn't last and the car continued to run. Yesterday, after the car cut off and some smoke came from under the hood , but the temperature gauage did not show the engine had run hot it remained in the normal range.The car would not start at first, I waited about 45 min and tried to start it and it started but would continue sputtering and cut off. I could get it to run if I pressed on the gas pedal but when I would come off the pedal it would sputter and would eventually cut off again. I didn't try to start it again, I had it towed to a repair shop for evaluation. What could be the problem(s) and the possible solutions? Oh, the car has over 200,000 mostly highway miles.
My car was sputtering and cut off on me yesterday while driving. on 2000 Honda Accord
Asked by for the 2000 Honda Accord
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Accord Questions
- Engine light illuminated intermittently.
- What would cause the engine to start and then cut-off after warming?
- Oil pan removal, i have all the bolts off, stuck on the automatic tranny cover,
- How do I remove a screw that fell into the steering column?
- My check engine light is on after replacing the plugs, ignition coils anf EGR
2000 Honda Accord Estimates
- Manual Transmission Fluid Change ($58 - $106) in Centuria, WI
- Ignition Wire Set Replacement ($62 - $112) in Spring Brook, NY
- Heater Core Replacement ($800 - $1,120) in Stoddard, WI
- Engine Oil Light Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Sag Harbor, NY
- Brake Hydraulic System Bleed ($44 - $78) in Gonvick, MN
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($468 - $944) in Orford, NH