so i turned it off and restarted it... has 2 quarts of oil still in it i just put it in there but is still doing the same thing...it'll start but doesn't stay running my battery seem to be fine cause it turns over and starts then dies.
My car was running fine all day then went to leave it sputtered and then died... on 1996 Mercury Cougar
This week's top 10
Recent Mercury Cougar Questions
- No peddle on brakes. Had the brakes pads werechecked, they were ok,
- is there a diff between radiators for auto and manual as far as the trans line
- Was driven to wrk and car doed and wont start back up
- where is the EGR valve located on the base 2.0 liter engine?
- The transmission is not going into gear it accelerate before into gear the trans
1996 Mercury Cougar Estimates
- Spark Plug Replacement ($120 - 159) in Fittstown, OK
- 85,000 Mile Service ($141 - 205) in Granada, CO
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($522 - 1,438) in Wyoming, MN
- Brake Shoe Replacement ($185 - 274) in York New Salem, PA
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($170 - 223) in Orient, OH
- Drive Belt Tensioner Replacement ($122 - 192) in Maryville, IL