Every time I came to an abrupt stop from a high speed (say 30mph and coming to a stop at a stop sign) my car's RPMs would drop so low as if my car was about to stall...keep in mind that I drive an automatic. My car would start boggling as if it were about to stall, and I would either put my car in neutral or give it a little gas to get the RPM going up again. A week ago I was at a stoplight and my car "finally stalled." Any possible solutions or diagnosis as to what's causing this problem?
My car stalls/ed even though it's an automatic.... on 2001 Honda Accord
Asked by for the 2001 Honda Accord
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Accord Questions
- Engine light illuminated intermittently.
- What would cause the engine to start and then cut-off after warming?
- Oil pan removal, i have all the bolts off, stuck on the automatic tranny cover,
- How do I remove a screw that fell into the steering column?
- My check engine light is on after replacing the plugs, ignition coils anf EGR
2001 Honda Accord Estimates
- Ball Joint Replacement - Lower ($547 - $755) in Ash Fork, AZ
- Heater Hose Replacement ($105 - $145) in West Granby, CT
- ABS System Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Tallassee, TN
- Water Pump Replacement ($449 - $609) in Columbus, MI
- Engine Front Cover Gasket Replacement ($374 - $497) in Truro, IA
- CV Axle Assembly Replacement ($1,481 - $1,591) in Trivoli, IL