Every time I came to an abrupt stop from a high speed (say 30mph and coming to a stop at a stop sign) my car's RPMs would drop so low as if my car was about to stall...keep in mind that I drive an automatic. My car would start boggling as if it were about to stall, and I would either put my car in neutral or give it a little gas to get the RPM going up again. A week ago I was at a stoplight and my car "finally stalled." Any possible solutions or diagnosis as to what's causing this problem?
My car stalls/ed even though it's an automatic.... on 2001 Honda Accord
Asked by for the 2001 Honda Accord
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Accord Questions
- where does spring go on fuel filler door
- my car loses acceleration and then bucks catches and then lurches forward
- brake & tail lights stay on after car is off and lights are not turned on
- WHY: Car starts but stalls after 2 or 3 seconds. No check engine light.
- S light staying on, TCU blinking 4 long and then one short quick one?
2001 Honda Accord Estimates
- Brake Pad Replacement, Resurface Rotors ($202 - $293) in Ash Fork, AZ
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($262 - $449) in West Granby, CT
- Brake Drum Replacement ($253 - $425) in Tallassee, TN
- Oil Pressure Sensor Replacement ($79 - $99) in Columbus, MI
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($470 - $2,255) in Truro, IA
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($159 - $273) in Trivoli, IL