My air conditioner has gradually lost it's cool over the past couple of weeks. It now only blows hot air and there is a definite loud humming/wheezing sound when the fan is turned on. It goes away once I turn off the fan. I want to sound half way knowledgeable when I take it into the shop so that I don't get charged an arm and a leg. Does this problem sound like one you've experienced before?
My car only blows hot air and there is a wheezing noise when the fan is on. on 2006 Kia Optima
poss low on freon and something in blower motor fan blades
This week's top 10
Recent Kia Optima Questions
- My car starts runs for awhile then shuts off, then it won't start. Help.........
- How to reset memory fuse
- My Kia won't start after I tried replacing the overhead lightbulb, what do I do?
- What can be causing my steering wheel to click?
- What would cause my car 2002. Kia Optima to not pass emissions even after drivin
2006 Kia Optima Estimates
- Charging System Diagnosis ($44 - 56) in Charm, OH
- Spark Plug Replacement ($276 - 361) in Medanales, NM
- Coolant Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Bernhards Bay, NY
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($671 - 809) in Hooppole, IL
- Engine Mount Replacement ($193 - 374) in Paynesville, WV
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($101 - 217) in Whiterocks, UT