It started after I filled the gas tank on saturday 12-24-11. The car was working fine I drove it to work with no problem now whenever I start the car its fine then once it is sifted in to drive or reverse it starts shaking and shuts off. This also happens when sitting at a light.
My car keeps shutting off when it idles. What couldbe the problem? on 1994 Ford Escort
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- I have a 1993 ford escort was driving down the ran out gas car died and will not
- Car cranks but won't kick over was driving car ran out of gas car turned off won
- My car is actually a 1986 Ford Contour. The checkengine unit has gone bad.
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
1994 Ford Escort Estimates
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($221 - 369) in Hazel, KY
- Windshield Washer Pump Replacement ($92 - 117) in Swampscott, MA
- Differential Fluid Replacement - Front ($76 - 128) in Mill Creek, PA
- Cabin Air Filter Replacement ($63 - 77) in Butler, KY
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($66 - 79) in Guayanilla, PR
- Engine Mount Replacement ($159 - 181) in Walkerton, IN