It started after I filled the gas tank on saturday 12-24-11. The car was working fine I drove it to work with no problem now whenever I start the car its fine then once it is sifted in to drive or reverse it starts shaking and shuts off. This also happens when sitting at a light.
My car keeps shutting off when it idles. What couldbe the problem? on 1994 Ford Escort
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
- 1999 Ford escort has problems starting at times have to push on gas rev thn strt
- Sitting at light and car will idle high. Changes gaskets, control module.
- zx2 wont get fuel. What could be problem?
1994 Ford Escort Estimates
- Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement ($225 - 292) in Hazel, KY
- Strut/Shock Absorber Replacement - Front ($284 - 365) in Swampscott, MA
- Add Drive Belt(s) ($31 - 89) in Mill Creek, PA
- Canister Purge Valve Replacement ($92 - 142) in Butler, KY
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($519 - 688) in Guayanilla, PR
- Horn Replacement ($170 - 183) in Walkerton, IN