It started after I filled the gas tank on saturday 12-24-11. The car was working fine I drove it to work with no problem now whenever I start the car its fine then once it is sifted in to drive or reverse it starts shaking and shuts off. This also happens when sitting at a light.
My car keeps shutting off when it idles. What couldbe the problem? on 1994 Ford Escort
Asked by for the 1994 Ford Escort
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- My radio does not work. I replaced it and it still doesn't work. The fuse is OK
- car will not turn over. good battery and alternator.
- The car starts fine when cold but after it warms up it I have trouble starting
- Replaced timing belt. Car turns over & has spark but won't start. Why?
- Front driver tire has excessive inner wear?
1994 Ford Escort Estimates
- Radiator Fan Motor Replacement ($113 - $316) in Hazel, KY
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - $111) in Swampscott, MA
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($190 - $279) in Mill Creek, PA
- Brake Pad Replacement, Resurface Rotors ($248 - $349) in Butler, KY
- Stabilizer Bar Link Kit Replacement ($112 - $130) in Guayanilla, PR
- Vibration Diagnosis ($61 - $78) in Walkerton, IN