While driving the car you have to kick it into Neutral and red line the engine to keep the car on. A mechanic came to the house and glanced at it and said that he thinks its the fuel pump and filter. Not sure what it could be but the code it is reading is a p1166 which is an o2 sensor. Is this possibly the fuel pump, or really the o2 sensor?
My car keeps cutting off while driving and is very hesistant, any advice? on 2001 Hyundai Elantra
This week's top 10
Recent Hyundai Elantra Questions
- Where is the fuse for the brake lights it's not labeled on the fuse panel box
- Why do the rpm's stay high while shifting gears (5 speed manual trans)?
- Has anyone else had to reset the time on their clock again and again?
- Where is the turn signal relay located?
- Bought car recently for wife.Did not come with key fob.Can I get 1& how? Thank U
2001 Hyundai Elantra Estimates
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($123 - 170) in Point Pleasant, WV
- 60,000 Mile Service ($298 - 422) in Klondike, TX
- AC Compressor Replacement ($715 - 830) in Hercules, CA
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($299 - 491) in Perry, ME
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($44 - 55) in Central City, NE
- Brake Hydraulic System Bleed ($52 - 67) in Germantown, TN