There are a multitude of issues: the gas pedal won't move the throttle sometimes, the brake pedal locks up sometimes, the transmission won't go out of first except for reverse sometimes, none of this happens at the same time. The mechanics are a a loss. It doesn't throw any codes??? But it clearly is messed up! They have run diagnostics on the electrical and the fuse box gets hot. They really don't know if they change out the fuse box if this will fix any of the problems. Has anyone every had this issue? The car ran fine one day and not the next...no warning.
My car is gone crazy. It won't shut off when I take the key out of the switch. on 2008 Kia Sportage
Asked by for the 2008 Kia Sportage
This week's top 10
Recent Kia Sportage Questions
- Radio is on, looks like it is working but no sound will come out.
- I have oil soaking all for plugs. What is the most likely source of the oil
- Why does my water pump belt keep popping?
- makes popping sound (intemittant) sounds like from back udercarriage
- My gas light came on put gas and engine light came on gas wont register
2008 Kia Sportage Estimates
- Coolant Reservoir Replacement ($114 - 160) in Lucedale, MS
- Thermostat Replacement ($82 - 116) in Eldridge, CA
- Throttle Position Sensor Replacement ($135 - 207) in Brushton, NY
- Fuel Filter Change ($88 - 127) in Grandin, MO
- Trans Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Greenbrae, CA
- Engine Mount Replacement ($236 - 293) in Canute, OK