There are a multitude of issues: the gas pedal won't move the throttle sometimes, the brake pedal locks up sometimes, the transmission won't go out of first except for reverse sometimes, none of this happens at the same time. The mechanics are a a loss. It doesn't throw any codes??? But it clearly is messed up! They have run diagnostics on the electrical and the fuse box gets hot. They really don't know if they change out the fuse box if this will fix any of the problems. Has anyone every had this issue? The car ran fine one day and not the next...no warning.
My car is gone crazy. It won't shut off when I take the key out of the switch. on 2008 Kia Sportage
Asked by for the 2008 Kia Sportage
This week's top 10
Recent Kia Sportage Questions
- How many fuel injectors are there in my Kia Sportage 2002, 4, cyl.
- Whining noise from transmission area between 30-70 mph, what could this be?
- Radio is on, looks like it is working but no sound will come out.
- I have oil soaking all for plugs. What is the most likely source of the oil
- Why does my water pump belt keep popping?
2008 Kia Sportage Estimates
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($83 - $155) in Lucedale, MS
- Air Conditioning Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Eldridge, CA
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($141 - $183) in Brushton, NY
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($137 - $179) in Grandin, MO
- Trans Leak Inspection ($44 - $56) in Greenbrae, CA
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($247 - $412) in Canute, OK