I can shut the trunk and it looks shut but all you have to do is pull it up and anyone can get into it. If the car is locked and the trunk is pulled open the alarm system will go off. The button on the interior of the car to open the trunk works and it sounds like the trunk is being unlocked.
My car is a 2003 Jetta 1.8T and the trunk will not lock shut. Parts needed? on 2003 Volkswagen Jetta
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- What is the seal on the waterpump end of the balance shaft?
- if u set timing and rotate 1 turn should all marks line up or will they change
- How do I know if I need to replace power steering pump?
- 2009 Jetta se dash - next to time, temp, and mileage, "2-3" is on display?
- My Jetta is throwing 5 codes, p0036, p0141, p2128, p2123 and p0221.
2003 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Strut Replacement - Rear ($288 - 478) in Wadena, IA
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Front ($277 - 360) in Ellisville, MS
- Brake Rotor Replacement ($319 - 428) in Mulberry, AR
- Clutch Replacement ($765 - 1,351) in Marietta, MS
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($1,141 - 1,186) in Aledo, TX
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($105 - 134) in Palm City, FL