I can shut the trunk and it looks shut but all you have to do is pull it up and anyone can get into it. If the car is locked and the trunk is pulled open the alarm system will go off. The button on the interior of the car to open the trunk works and it sounds like the trunk is being unlocked.
My car is a 2003 Jetta 1.8T and the trunk will not lock shut. Parts needed? on 2003 Volkswagen Jetta
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- What is the root of the problem that can be causing all of this?
- Having trouble shifting into 1st gear, manual transmission.
- Diesel engine won't start after replacing cracked oil pan and pressure switch?
- car dies while driving and sometimes won't start. good fuel pump and filter
- Where is the output speed sensor located? Is it under the battery?