I can shut the trunk and it looks shut but all you have to do is pull it up and anyone can get into it. If the car is locked and the trunk is pulled open the alarm system will go off. The button on the interior of the car to open the trunk works and it sounds like the trunk is being unlocked.
My car is a 2003 Jetta 1.8T and the trunk will not lock shut. Parts needed? on 2003 Volkswagen Jetta
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- My 2006 Volkswagen jetta dash board lights went out and it would not accelerate
- After installing aftermarket stereo car will crank but will not turn over.
- Trunk will not open with key or switch. can I open it from inside the trunk?
- Whats makes it not shift out of park
- EPC Light Comes on when Headlights turned on, break lights also stay on
2003 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($264 - 494) in Wadena, IA
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($571 - 1,174) in Ellisville, MS
- ABS System Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Mulberry, AR
- 60,000 Mile Service ($495 - 708) in Marietta, MS
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($35 - 75) in Aledo, TX
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($30 - 80) in Palm City, FL