My car has always idled at around 1000 rpm, but recently it started making a strange noise while idle and while driving between 1000 and abour 2500 rpm. It stops when I go faster, btu when driving low speeds it sounds like the car is humming almost. Any advice? No emergency lights have come on.
My car idles at a high rpm and makes a strange noise while idling and driving. on 2001 Toyota Highlander
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Highlander Questions
- heat/cool knob is wobbly and it wont engage to turn the heat up. or cool
- Red brake light came on on the dash, what could that be? Parking brake not on.
- cost of a CV boot and/or joint problem; what is the difference in terms of cost
- What is the loud rumble/vibration i get from motor area upon takeoff/aceleration
- I have Toyota Highlander 2009 , 160000miles tell me witch engine oil is better ?
2001 Toyota Highlander Estimates
- Valve Adjustment ($160 - 219) in Pawnee Rock, KS
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($85 - 106) in Fackler, AL
- Engine Oil Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Whiteoak, MO
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($368 - 1,800) in Capay, CA
- Variable Valve Timing Control Solenoid Replacement ($593 - 613) in Hollidaysburg, PA
- Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement ($35 - 54) in Irmo, SC