My car has a very rough idle in drive but is just fine in neutral, it idles around 500 rpm but when it is in neutral it is 750 rpm. New spark plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter, cleaned throttle body and replaced IAC And PCV. Any Thoughts? Motor Mounts are fine only happens at stops in drive or reverse no codes
My car has a very rough idle in drive but is just fine in neutral on 1996 Ford Taurus
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by pushrod ,
January 31, 2014
Famous for vacuum leaks! Check closley for 'mushy' hoses!!
1 more answer
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Taurus Questions
- while driving rpm drops down motor cuts off
- I've changed the 02 sensor and the check engine lights is still on.... Now what?
- Why does my fuse number 28 keep blowing in my 2000 Ford Taurus
- Hit a deer with car and now will not turn over. If we use a bypass it will turn
- I don't know why my brake light only works when I press completely down.
1996 Ford Taurus Estimates
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($294 - 369) in Cedar Hill, TN
- PCV Valve Replacement ($34 - 46) in South Milford, IN
- ABS System Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Silver Lake, IN
- Manual Transmission Fluid Change ($67 - 117) in Newfield, ME
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($392 - 416) in Buffalo Junction, VA
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($340 - 831) in Platteville, CO