Starting up is fine but when I'm driving sometimes it feels extremely heavy have to push down on the gas petal for it to actually go over 20 mph and shift the second gear and others. I went to auto zone the diagnostic came back P1456 with a leak in the gas tank but I'm not sure if a sensor is messed up and need replacement or the timing belt or need a new transmission?
My car has a hard time shifting gears it's an automatic vtec over 200,000 miles on 2000 Honda Civic
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Civic Questions
- what causes my 2001 Honda civic stall and squeal when I turn on the A/C or heat
- How do I get the MAP sensor off? It looks like it's held on by rivets, not screw
- Engine light came on got the code to replace air control valve .
- Why does my car start sometimes?
- I have a dead gas pedal. I get nothing when I press pedal. Something fell off.
2000 Honda Civic Estimates
- MAP Sensor Replacement ($134 - 246) in Cattaraugus, NY
- 22,500 Mile Service ($27 - 61) in Trinity, TX
- Sway Bar End Link Replacement - Rear ($112 - 217) in Metamora, OH
- Brake Pad Replacement ($153 - 212) in Purcell, OK
- Drive Belt Idler Pulley Replacement ($92 - 173) in Castle Point, NY
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($114 - 145) in Monterey, MA