I was at a stop light waiting to turn, so of course the car is idling, then it suddenly just dies. No check engine light or anything like that. This first happened a couple weeks ago and just today it did it again when I was pulling into the parking lot to park, going slow and trying to park. It starts right up again no problem. I just had a full tune up/prevenative maintenance done to this. It happened even before I had that done. What could it be?
My car died while idling. on 2003 Toyota Camry
Asked by for the 2003 Toyota Camry
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by raiderron ,
May 17, 2012
Could have a fuel pump starting to go out. Have the pressure and volume checked. Cam or crank sensor intermittent problems?
COMMENT by trace1217 ,
May 17, 2012
Thank you for the response. I was thinking it would be either that or the alternator but with cars you just never know unfortunately. Thanks again!
3 answersFebruary 25, 2013
1 answerOctober 18, 2010
3 answersApril 08, 2010
2 answersMay 28, 2013
1 answerJune 02, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Camry Questions
- Why does my car make a motor boat like noise when I accelerate?
- Is oil consumption an problem with all vehicles or is it just a few vehicles???
- computer error code is P0560 when tested for showing check engine light on d-brd
- How do you check the transmission fluid in a 2017 Camry?
- There is a coolant leak. It is definitely from the cooling system.
2003 Toyota Camry Estimates
- Transmission Fluid Change ($171 - $252) in Vinegar Bend, AL
- Engine Overheating Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Napoleon, MO
- Sway Bar End Link Replacement - Rear ($122 - $249) in Murphys, CA
- Door Window Motor Replacement ($227 - $494) in Carver, MA
- Battery Cable Replacement ($63 - $113) in Hubertus, WI
- Throttle Body Replacement ($1,066 - $1,364) in Carlisle, AR