I was at a stop light waiting to turn, so of course the car is idling, then it suddenly just dies. No check engine light or anything like that. This first happened a couple weeks ago and just today it did it again when I was pulling into the parking lot to park, going slow and trying to park. It starts right up again no problem. I just had a full tune up/prevenative maintenance done to this. It happened even before I had that done. What could it be?
My car died while idling. on 2003 Toyota Camry
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by raiderron ,
May 17, 2012
Could have a fuel pump starting to go out. Have the pressure and volume checked. Cam or crank sensor intermittent problems?
COMMENT by trace1217 ,
May 17, 2012
Thank you for the response. I was thinking it would be either that or the alternator but with cars you just never know unfortunately. Thanks again!
3 answersFebruary 25, 2013
1 answerOctober 18, 2010
3 answersApril 08, 2010
2 answersMay 28, 2013
1 answerJune 02, 2014
This week's top 10
2003 Toyota Camry Estimates
- Brake Shoe Replacement ($226 - 296) in Vinegar Bend, AL
- Fuel Filter Change ($100 - 144) in Napoleon, MO
- Heater Core Replacement ($369 - 700) in Murphys, CA
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Inner ($257 - 515) in Carver, MA
- Horn Replacement ($96 - 141) in Hubertus, WI
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($662 - 792) in Carlisle, AR