When the car starts it takes a while to cool. When in traffic and sitting idle the car temprature goes up. When you press the gas after a few seconds the car begins to cool again. Never really getting cold. Check the freon level to see if it needs to be recharge, level is fine. Compressor is clear and the fan is blowing.
My AC only cools when I am accelerating. Sitting idle the temperature rises on 2008 Volvo XC90
This week's top 10
Recent Volvo XC90 Questions
- car starts then jerks then shuts off
- Turn L turn signal indicator and beep sounds and dash light shows dvr door open
- Car continually shuts off after being driven and restarted
- No switches work- radio, windows, sunroof, doors, inside lights want come on
- Drain clogged, water in floor. Unstopped Water now sloshing in frame. Removal?
2008 Volvo XC90 Estimates
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($158 - 253) in Bunceton, MO
- Coolant Reservoir Replacement ($154 - 231) in Fanrock, WV
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($1,033 - 2,356) in Topanga, CA
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Front ($592 - 1,063) in Denton, NC
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($325 - 378) in Strang, OK
- Variable Valve Timing Control Solenoid Replacement ($822 - 930) in Tallapoosa, MO