It will start and stall after few mins idling. Sounds like a tapping the higher it idles the faster it taps and I saw puff white smoke come from the valve cover as it stalled. Was thinking bad valve cover gasket and oil on spark plugs. Has been very reliable car until just recently. Now stalls sometimes when it's put into gear. Not sure what to start with!
My 99 malibu stalls and is knocking faster
It idles the louder it taps. on 1999 Chevrolet Malibu
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Malibu Questions
- I smell radiator coolent when I'm driving.
- Was changing spark plugs and brittle hose/tube broke.
- How do you replace one of the torsional bars and n the trunk? The front on pop
- My car sounds a lot louder than it should when I first start it? Please help!
- I Change the airflow sensor & The map sensor.On my Chevy Malibu 2006.
1999 Chevrolet Malibu Estimates
- Power Door Lock Actuator Replacement ($209 - 300) in Cheltenham, MD
- Knock Sensor Replacement ($100 - 121) in Greencreek, ID
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($318 - 537) in Mooers Forks, NY
- Brake Drum Replacement ($316 - 456) in Van, WV
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($90 - 112) in Olympia Fields, IL
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($205 - 244) in Loughman, FL