It will start and stall after few mins idling. Sounds like a tapping the higher it idles the faster it taps and I saw puff white smoke come from the valve cover as it stalled. Was thinking bad valve cover gasket and oil on spark plugs. Has been very reliable car until just recently. Now stalls sometimes when it's put into gear. Not sure what to start with!
My 99 malibu stalls and is knocking faster
It idles the louder it taps. on 1999 Chevrolet Malibu
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Malibu Questions
- How to fix a female terminal in the fuse box, should I replace whole box/how to?
- check engine light what is p1174 fuel trim cylinder balance bank 1 how to fix
- My theft light stays on an car has no spark what can be the problem
- How do I resolve an error code B3948?
- collant backup in overflow tank. after the car heats up this happens. and sounds
1999 Chevrolet Malibu Estimates
- Differential Fluid Replacement - Front ($76 - 128) in Cheltenham, MD
- 7,500 Mile Service ($53 - 94) in Greencreek, ID
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($542 - 772) in Mooers Forks, NY
- Oil Pump Replacement ($430 - 568) in Van, WV
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($143 - 311) in Olympia Fields, IL
- OBDII Drive Cycle Test ($44 - 56) in Loughman, FL