It will start and stall after few mins idling. Sounds like a tapping the higher it idles the faster it taps and I saw puff white smoke come from the valve cover as it stalled. Was thinking bad valve cover gasket and oil on spark plugs. Has been very reliable car until just recently. Now stalls sometimes when it's put into gear. Not sure what to start with!
My 99 malibu stalls and is knocking faster
It idles the louder it taps. on 1999 Chevrolet Malibu
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Malibu Questions
- Sent 2 prev. questions re "oil" in overflow tank. Rec. 2 replies.
- how do I get all four turn signals to start working again?
- none of my signal lights work, how do I fix that?
- Why does the fan run after I shut the car off. I have been running the A/C more
- why won't car start after replacing rear hub assembly with ABS?