It will start and stall after few mins idling. Sounds like a tapping the higher it idles the faster it taps and I saw puff white smoke come from the valve cover as it stalled. Was thinking bad valve cover gasket and oil on spark plugs. Has been very reliable car until just recently. Now stalls sometimes when it's put into gear. Not sure what to start with!
My 99 malibu stalls and is knocking faster
It idles the louder it taps. on 1999 Chevrolet Malibu
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Malibu Questions
- What should be the pressure on the gas pump?
- Car produces a deep rumple at 60 to 65 mph - approximately 2000 rpm. Cause?
- Changed fuse panel on pass side. Now I have nothing
- Studs on front pas tire keeps breaking replace 6x what wld caz this & how 2 fix
- I have returning p0401 code i have cleaned passage and repla.ced the egr valve