The problem I have is when I hit the accelerator hard, the car will launch like a rocket the die. It will blow out the fuel pump fuse every time. I need to find the short but can. I even let one of the dealers mechanics drive the car for a couple weeks and he couldn't find the problem either. I bought some wire loom and installed it over the wires coming out of the fuel tank and it's better. Sometimes it will not blow the fuse. The next problem that came up is when I put the wire loom over the wires to protect them, and now the fuel gauge works when it wants to. It reads 3/4 to full almost all the time even when it's almpost empty. Can anyone help me out? I don't want to have to buy stock in fuses to get some of my money back :(.
My 94 supercharged SSEI has been great. 240,500. miles. on 1994 Pontiac Bonneville
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by user91328 ,
July 03, 2011
you have a issue with the pump module. i would replace it along with the connector assembly.
This week's top 10
Recent Pontiac Bonneville Questions
- Why does my car pull when I step on gas and when its in park it shakes
- With heat on in the discharge air will only reach 100° Clean heater core .
- Brakes squeak but only when backing up
- Of vats is bypassed and lights stay on while off position are resistors to high
- Vats bypassed bad battery died after days of bypass now nothing.
1994 Pontiac Bonneville Estimates
- Strut/Shock Absorber Replacement - Front ($391 - 638) in Leesburg, TX
- Differential Fluid Replacement - Front ($76 - 128) in Crestview, FL
- 67,500 Mile Service ($79 - 127) in Tiverton, RI
- Headlamp Bulb Replacement ($44 - 75) in Hildebran, NC
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($295 - 478) in Kyle, TX
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($121 - 241) in Northvale, NJ