The problem I have is when I hit the accelerator hard, the car will launch like a rocket the die. It will blow out the fuel pump fuse every time. I need to find the short but can. I even let one of the dealers mechanics drive the car for a couple weeks and he couldn't find the problem either. I bought some wire loom and installed it over the wires coming out of the fuel tank and it's better. Sometimes it will not blow the fuse. The next problem that came up is when I put the wire loom over the wires to protect them, and now the fuel gauge works when it wants to. It reads 3/4 to full almost all the time even when it's almpost empty. Can anyone help me out? I don't want to have to buy stock in fuses to get some of my money back :(.
My 94 supercharged SSEI has been great. 240,500. miles. on 1994 Pontiac Bonneville
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by user91328 ,
July 03, 2011
you have a issue with the pump module. i would replace it along with the connector assembly.
This week's top 10
1994 Pontiac Bonneville Estimates
- Air Filter Replacement ($41 - 55) in Leesburg, TX
- Universal Joint Replacement ($189 - 259) in Crestview, FL
- General Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Tiverton, RI
- Automatic Transmission Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Hildebran, NC
- Air Conditioning System Leak Inspection ($52 - 67) in Kyle, TX
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($228 - 289) in Northvale, NJ