When I accelerate from a stopped position, I have to completely let off the throttle for at least 5 seconds until the engine switches gears. If I continue to accelerate the RPM's go through the roof and it does not change gears.
My 5.0L V8 Explorer has problems switching from 1st to 2nd gear. Whats Wrong? on 1998 Ford Explorer
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- I change battrey alternator spark plugs now it won't start and run
- what kind of transmission is in my truck?which vehicles are interchangable?
- 2006 Explorer. Leaking clear fluid around the shifter. Fluid Exchange yesterday
- Is there a recall on my vehicle
- If I change the mass air flow sensor do I need to reflash or reprogram the ECM?