When I accelerate from a stopped position, I have to completely let off the throttle for at least 5 seconds until the engine switches gears. If I continue to accelerate the RPM's go through the roof and it does not change gears.
My 5.0L V8 Explorer has problems switching from 1st to 2nd gear. Whats Wrong? on 1998 Ford Explorer
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- I bought my car and was told i needed to get a new sink row.
- Will not come out of drive stays in it even in reverse.
- when filling gas tank gas pump shuts off like tank is full ,unless you fill very
- How can I trick the PCM into thinking there is a speed sensor, its engine swap.
- Replaced Ford range control it still goes forward in reverse.