We have fuel, air, and spark, but it will not start. It acts like it wants to, but won't catch. It is a 4 door sedan, 2.0 liter engine, auto transmission. We have been told it's the computer that's bad, but we're not sure. Could it be the Control Module (or IS that the computer)? It has been running rough and hard to start for a week, and Sunday it refused to start at all.
My 2002 Ford Escort,will crank but not start. on 2002 Ford Escort
2 answers 1 comment
could be alot of issues,seek a 2nd opinion and trust they can repair. do you have any eng codes
1 answerDecember 21, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
- 1999 Ford escort has problems starting at times have to push on gas rev thn strt
- Sitting at light and car will idle high. Changes gaskets, control module.
- zx2 wont get fuel. What could be problem?
2002 Ford Escort Estimates
- Strut Replacement - Rear ($384 - 530) in Acme, WA
- Heater Hose Replacement ($140 - 196) in Lambert, MT
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($128 - 151) in Mentmore, NM
- Air Pump Replacement ($201 - 557) in Stark City, MO
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($462 - 662) in Harmony, ME
- Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement ($25 - 30) in Valley Falls, KS