I have replaced the distributor cap and rotor, the coil, and the ICM (Ignition Control Module) and I have checked for spark and am not getting any. I have even checked all fuses in the Power Distribution Unit and everything is good. The only other thing I can think of is the ECU (computer brain) is at fault but I am not sure where that is located. Can someone let me know or give me other possible reasons this isn't starting. And before anyone says this...."Yes I have check to make sure there is fuel getting to the system"
My 1992 Ford Ranger will not start. on 1992 Ford Ranger
2 answersNovember 20, 2011
3 answersSeptember 19, 2009
1 answerApril 08, 2015
1 answerMarch 10, 2010
1 answerSeptember 19, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Ranger Questions
- When driving truck in overdrivie it cuts out like it's not firing all cylinders
- How do you replace the idle air bypass valve?
- When coming to a stop sign/light or slowing for a turn, the engine stalls.
- Intermittent popping noise while in 4WD, and acts like it's trying to disengage.
- Why can't I get 4x4 switch to turn off ?
1992 Ford Ranger Estimates
- Oil Pressure Sensor Replacement ($70 - 116) in Mantee, MS
- 82,500 Mile Service ($53 - 93) in Fenton, IL
- 140,000 Mile Service ($123 - 182) in North Stratford, NH
- 110,000 Mile Service ($175 - 245) in Viroqua, WI
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($185 - 217) in Pleasant Grove, CA
- Noise Diagnosis ($61 - 78) in Artois, CA