The 12 volts that shoud run thru one of the two wires that plugs in to the coil is missing no 12 volts, where shoud it come from? all the fuses are good, Will it start if i put the 12 volts in to the wire?
motor turns but wont start on 1996 Jeep Cherokee
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by user69083 ,
February 04, 2011
Power to the ignition coils comes from the Auto Shutdown Relay. Test that, it's probably the source of the trouble. The ASD relay gets it's power from 30 amp fuse #20 in the power distribution center under the hood.
This week's top 10
1996 Jeep Cherokee Estimates
- 60,000 Mile Service ($660 - 990) in Brunswick, ME
- No Start Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Cave Springs, AR
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($517 - 657) in Cherry Valley, IL
- Air Conditioning Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Sheridan, IL
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($126 - 158) in Turtletown, TN
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($68 - 81) in Warner, SD