when ever there is a lot of moisture in the air, the car miss fires 'till it warms up. smells bad under car until it stops miss fire. new wires didn't stop it. also, when i turn it off when engine is warm, acts like it's flooded. Have read is a common issue, with some saying mas,coil, plastic cover for coil,and no seal under hood. I think I need a new fuel filter, have used dry gas and injector cleaners..no help. have read it will melt my cadalitic converter, (the moisture issue) help!
moiture causes miss-fires,in rain or warmer snow. won't restart when warm.help? on 2004 Volkswagen Jetta
Asked by for the 2004 Volkswagen Jetta
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- loud knocking sound and now car wont turn over...what do I check first?
- My jetta is making a loud knocking sounds under my feet between gears? CV shaft?
- Car dash lights and door chime come on for 10 seconds short in wires under dash.
- Engine light is on and cant pass a smog; leaking oil very slightly
- How many gallons is my gas tank & how many miles I get on a full tank
2004 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($397 - $562) in Pocahontas, IA
- Headlamp Bulb Replacement ($150 - $196) in Little Cedar, IA
- Heater Core Replacement ($745 - $946) in Lincoln Acres, CA
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($248 - $416) in Neah Bay, WA
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($494 - $594) in Chesterfield, MI
- Wheel Bearing Replacement ($157 - $294) in Syracuse, KS