engine misses only when putting extra load or accelerating. If you accelerate slowly and are careful about pushing it, seems to run fine. Died at stop sign. Would not restart. Towed to shop. Moisture in distributor cap. Replaced that and the rotor. Did ok a couple of days. Happened again. Moisture again. Replaced plugs, wires...bam...did it for mechanic before I got it back. Any insight appreciated.
Moisture in distributor cap-Replaced. New plugs/rotor. Recurred. Now what? on 1996 Volvo 850
This week's top 10
Recent Volvo 850 Questions
- I recently tuned my 96 850 Turbo, now it starts to lope when I put it in gear
- How do I change my oil? What size filter do I need?
- How do I fix the window switch on the passenger side? It will not roll down.
- How do I fix the automatic fuel shot off valve? It went off when I hit a bump.
- I had "check Engine" light to come on and the test gave code P0172, what is it?