Reviews for Mitsubishi Outlander years:

Mitsubishi Outlander Reviews and Owner Comments

Mitsubishi OutlanderOwner Reviews (14 reviews)
  • 2006 Mitsubishi Outlander
    Visitor, Carmel, IN, November 16, 2014 14:34
    I bought this car in 2013 because I wanted an SUV with good gas mileage. Pluses: Drives smooth, comfortable for a growing family, good gas mileage, sleek look. Minuses: Poor stereo system, poor heating/AC unit (knob always sticks), Poor suspension, slow to rev- up. I bought the car for a little of $7,000... can't complain too hard. But, If I had to do it again...I wouldn't.
    Visitor, Saint Cloud, FL, March 01, 2014 09:33
    NEVER AGAIN IN MY LIFE WILL I BUY A MITSUBISHI. Contstant sensor problems and to get a tune up on this vehicle will cost you a mortgage payment! Quoted $739.00 for just a tune up. This car is a piece of garbage.
    Visitor, Dowagiac, MI, December 11, 2013 13:02
    I have 264K miles on mine. I had my first breakdown, on the road last summer. Water Pump. Amazing vehicle. Smooth ride, no rattle or shakes yet. 6 sets of tires, 2 radiator fans (squirrels chewed 1st replacement) The only issue is the heater switch and it just broke off a month ago. Need to fix that this spring. It's been the best car ever.
  • 2005 Mitsubishi Outlander
    Visitor, Van Nuys, CA, September 30, 2012 20:08
    I bought my 2005 outlander brand new. it has 72, 000 miles and outside of the maintenace per schedule, I have not had not one problem with my car. Excellent manueverability, very comfortable and esthetically pleasing to the eye. It's just a tad under powered. would ve been better with a V-6 but who's complaining.
  • 2006 Mitsubishi Outlander
    caraholic, Mentor, OH, March 02, 2012 17:31
    I bouught the 2WD 2003 Outlander in June, 2011, with 123,250 miles on it. It had decent handling, and enough power. Within a month in the hot weather the AC didn't perform. The shop said the compressor was bad and had to be replaced-about a $1,000.00 repair. He said it was not uncommon for Mitsu's. The condensor had metal debris loaded in it from the failed compressor. Make sure the condenser gets flushed when the compressor is replaced. I drove a 4WD version but found it noisier and underpowered compared to the 2WD. The 2004 model had an engine upgrade from 140 hp to 160 hp. Despite these problems , I like this small SUV for local trips, less so on the highway, when the steering needs consant correction for staight-line driving-maybe some rack and pinion gear wear at over 100k miles. It did need a good set of treads for winter driving because it tends to slide in snow more than the '94Camry, '00 Accord and '96 Taurus I have driven.
    Visitor, Venice, FL, December 09, 2011 16:06
    I purchased my outlander with 2000 miles now it has 100,000 miles and it has been the most dependable car I have ever owned. everything still works it burns no oil and the engine sounds brand new I have always done all the regular maintenance The car has never been in the shop
  • 2004 Mitsubishi Outlander
    krocket1, New Port Richey, FL, July 04, 2011 21:02
    I bought it new it now has 125000 and had never had any problems.Exept this weekend the A/C blower motor slowly stopped working,65 dollars at website!I think the car will make to at least 250000 miles.
    Visitor, Dothan, AL, April 07, 2011 07:07
    Despite my heating and ac blower quit working yesterday when it was 85 degrees....I love my outlander...its so fun to drive....perfect size....great gas mileage, and high enuff off the ground to not be like a car, but low enuff you don't have to have a step up to get in :) thanks
    steven oliveri, Greenlawn, NY, January 08, 2011 19:24
    I bought my Mitsubishi Outlander with 39,000 miles on it from a dealer. It's one of the best vehicles I have ever owned and I've owned many. The only thing I had to replace aside from maintainence (Brakes, Tires) was the radiator. Other than that, it has 125,000 miles on it now. BUT the blower motor just stopped working. I have yet to see why. Checked all of the fuses and they are all good.
    Rouser58, Livonia, MI, November 28, 2010 03:47
    I bought the first generation of this model and have had it for 5.5 years and have not done anything beyond routine maintenance on it so far.
    todays tech, Carbondale, IL, November 27, 2010 19:16
     Journeyman
    The best thing about my Outlander is the all wheel drive handling in the ice and snow. The body is cheap and was badly damged in hail storm where by Buick recived little noticable damage. The vehicle is developing bad rust underneith and is kept inside. The fuel econ stinks, the transmission is geared too low and the small engine is over worked. The best fuel econ is 24 mpg but you have to drive 45 mph, at 65 mph the engine runs over 3000 rpm. The vehicle has no power. The exhaust rusted off at about 50k miles, at least was replaced under warranty. The cooling fan module has been replaced three times under warranty. The ac condenser drain cloggs every 6 months. The temp contol has problem with the cable and door, which will require me removing the complete dash to repiar. The head lamp lenses are fogged up and will require replacement. Over all the vehicle stinks, but I love it every time it snows.
    Visitor, Roundup, MT, July 16, 2010 09:55
    Just passed 100k miles and still running strong. The only thing that has gone wrong is the air conditioning stopped working ( at 80k). We have driven all over the place in many conditions from blazing heat of the desert to blistering cold of the mountains (at high altitude this baby out preformed our ford truck). Off the line she is a bit slow, but she hits passing speeds rather well, and yes she does go over 100 mph. We will be looking for another one of these as soon as this one weakens,... likely long before.
    wiejer, Milwaukee, WI, April 18, 2009 06:35
    I have owned this car since it was new - nothing abnormal with regard to operations or service costs until 63,000 miles. Now, the rear suspension is bad and will cost a significant amount to repair including a new set of rear tires. This should not happen with an automobile with so few miles and that has been driven mostly on Interstate highways.
    milliea, Chicago, IL, February 22, 2009 18:28
    I've had a couple of problems with the rear suspension, but nothing really major. The vehicle delivers a smooth stable ride and handles very well. Its a dependable vehicle (hasn't stranded me yet!)and quite comfortable on road trips.