I recently had one coil pack go bad. The engine idled rough and skipped while driving,no check engine light. Replaced the one coil pack and all the plugs.The car has 220,000 on it. Ran great for about 2 weeks then started missing while driving but idles smooth and revs fine, no check engine light. Pulled connectors off cop one at a time could not find bad cop. Checked for vac leaks and checked intake for leaks. The motor now sounds like a diesel while driving (valve flotting). In park the motor revs fine no rattling only under a load. I run hi octane gas in it and this is same tank of gas before the problem begin.
Missing or skippng while driving.Idles fine. on 2001 Lincoln Town Car
This week's top 10
Recent Lincoln Town Car Questions
- My front vents on a Lincoln town car doesn't work anymore. How do i fix that?
- 2003 Lincoln TC - @ Approx. 109,000ml. my air suspension/compressor went out
- What happens if I run the gas completely out, I put gas in it but it wont turn
- My 06 Town Car temperature gauge running hot but the car didn't overheat
- What is the small amber light between the gas gauge and temperature gauge on my
2001 Lincoln Town Car Estimates
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($280 - 348) in Vermillion, MN
- Air Filter Replacement ($46 - 77) in New Berlin, IL
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($233 - 330) in Glasgow, PA
- Brake Booster Replacement ($417 - 750) in Otwell, IN
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($396 - 488) in West Point, PA
- Window Switch Replacement ($224 - 287) in University Center, MI