I recently had one coil pack go bad. The engine idled rough and skipped while driving,no check engine light. Replaced the one coil pack and all the plugs.The car has 220,000 on it. Ran great for about 2 weeks then started missing while driving but idles smooth and revs fine, no check engine light. Pulled connectors off cop one at a time could not find bad cop. Checked for vac leaks and checked intake for leaks. The motor now sounds like a diesel while driving (valve flotting). In park the motor revs fine no rattling only under a load. I run hi octane gas in it and this is same tank of gas before the problem begin.
Missing or skippng while driving.Idles fine. on 2001 Lincoln Town Car
This week's top 10
Recent Lincoln Town Car Questions
- Im getting 3 codes -61318-61869-61676 ??? I haven't seen codes like this yet ?
- Car won't run at full power. Keeps shaking and shutting off.
- Under dash my headlights, interior lights, turn signals and park lights wont wor
- the steering wheel is locked up an can't get it unlocked.the key is in the
- My towncar only moves in reverse .transmission filter &fluid new