The engine sounds like misfiring air comming from the manifolds at reving 2000 rpm and will not go higher then 2500rpm. Took manifold off and backfire came from the second manifold hole from left to right. Car will not go more then 30 miles per hour because of missfires, will just putter at 30mph misfiring? Too many codes to mention (At Autozone), changed plugs and air filter. Check engine light on. Any help?
Misfire in engine. on 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser
you may have a coil that is not firing properly, but i do believe there is a possible pcm issue on this yr that will cause the coil to stop working do to pcm being bad.this may be the cause of all your other codes also
1 answerSeptember 04, 2010
1 answerJanuary 05, 2012
1 answerMarch 26, 2015
1 answerJanuary 22, 2011
3 answersJanuary 30, 2012
- 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Repair and Maintenance
- 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Maintenance Schedule
- 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Problems(10)
- 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Repair Estimates
- 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Q&A(114)
- 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Recalls(1)
- 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Shops
- 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Reviews(16)
This week's top 10
Recent Chrysler PT Cruiser Questions
- malfunction light stays on
- Car is heating. Changed thermostat. Radiator makes a rumbling noise
- is there a separate fuse for the cigarett lighter? I can't find that fuse.
- My door locks keep clicking lock , unlock but the pins are not going up or down
- My hatchback/trunk will not open; what can I do to get it fixed?