Mini Cooper S Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mini Cooper S
- Why my radiator fan keeps running when my engine its off?!?!
- Where is the backup light switch located, and can I replace it myself?
- Evaporator replaced in Oct 2013. Mechanic says I now need to replace it again...
- Why is my engine fan not working
- Check engine light and battery light ran code says low amp!
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Mini Cooper S Problems
Minis have an electric power steering pump that is prone to failure. When replacing the pump, our technicians advise inspecting the cooling fan because it is often the cause of the failure of the pump.
There are reports of premature clutch wear on cars equipped with manual transmissions. Clutch replacement on these vehicles can be quite costly.
There are reports of the electric door locks malfunctioning.
Mini Cooper S Questions
I work in Bahrain. How long should an evaporator last for? the original one lasted over 6-7 years!
Mini Cooper S Recalls
The electrical circuit board in the auxiliary water pump can malfunction and overheat. The circuit board may smolder, which could result in a fire. Dealers will replace the auxiliary water pump to correct this concern.
The incorrect tire pressure label may have been installed during assembly. Some vehicles were equipped with 17-inch wheels, but the label is for 16-inch wheels; inflation pressure may also be incorrect. Tire durability and vehicle stability can be affected by incorrect tires or tire pressure, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will mail customers the correct tire pressure labels, or they will install the correct label if you prefer. This recall is scheduled to begin by Match 4, 2010.
Twelve Mini Cooper vehicles were assembled with 15-inch wheels instead of 16-inch wheels and tires as indicated on the tire frame label on the door frame. This does not conform with with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard regarding tires and wheels. Dealers will replace the 15-inch wheels and tires with the-16 inch wheels and tires free of charge. The recall began May, 2009.
Mini Cooper S Reviews
Best car ever. expensive to repair but its a bmw. love everything about it
Fun Car at 40K miles the oil pan & valve gasket were leaking like mad $12000 to be repaired at dealer. All dealer services are way too high. wanted $650 to replace front brake pads
this is a very fun car to drive, when step on gas, the car will just take off, without delay.