Mini Cooper Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mini Cooper
- the temp gauge keeps rising from half to fully hot and then back down
- electric key locks but won't unlock. Unlikely to be tne Acutators as happened to
- Should a diagnostic fee be added to the final bill, after the job is done
- gear box problem auto wont go into drive
- Does my car have an SOHC or DOHC engine? It's a W10B16D...
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Mini Cooper Problems
There are reports of the electric door locks malfunctioning.
There are reports of premature clutch wear on cars equipped with manual transmissions. Clutch replacement on these vehicles can be quite costly.
Minis have an electric power steering pump that is prone to failure. When replacing the pump, our technicians advise inspecting the cooling fan because it is often the cause of the failure of the pump.
Mini Cooper Questions
Soon after it started making this clack, clack, clack sort of a sound. I checked my owners manual and it said red battery light means the battery is no longer being charged, there may be an alternator malfunction. I've only had my 2009 Mini Cooper for about 1yr and 4mo. it has 40,000 or so mi...
Mini Cooper Recalls
The incorrect tire pressure label may have been installed during assembly. Some vehicles were equipped with 17-inch wheels, but the label is for 16-inch wheels; inflation pressure may also be incorrect. Tire durability and vehicle stability can be affected by incorrect tires or tire pressure, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will mail customers the correct tire pressure labels, or they will install the correct label if you prefer. This recall is scheduled to begin by Match 4, 2010.
Twelve Mini Cooper vehicles were assembled with 15-inch wheels instead of 16-inch wheels and tires as indicated on the tire frame label on the door frame. This does not conform with with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard regarding tires and wheels. Dealers will replace the 15-inch wheels and tires with the-16 inch wheels and tires free of charge. The recall began May, 2009.
Mini Cooper Reviews
DO NOT BUY A 2002 TO 2006 MINI COOPER.... WARNING!!!!TRANSMISSION PROBLEM!!!...
Great car. Mine is a Cooper S with the JCW air intake/exhaust add-on. Fun to drive. Plenty of front seat legroom (and I'm 6'2"). Rear seat is usable in a pinch, even by me, if the person in front moves the seat up a bit. The supercharged engine has plenty of pep. In fact, I used to have an early '80s Porsche 911 and this car is almost just as fun to drive as the Porsche! Just be caref...
Handles and brakes really well. Super fun to drive, however I did have the automatic transmission failure that is mentioned here, fortunately it was still under warranty. Gotta love the great mileage too!