Mini Cooper Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mini Cooper
- When I push down the cluch here some noise but engine start but won't ship gear
- How to fill fluid. Manual transmission For my Mini Cooper 2005
- What is the most common repair
- Pass' door won't unlock with remote but will lock. Can hear mechanism working?
- I have a mini 2006 automatic with 95,000 miles Bought it a year ago with 85,000
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Mini Cooper Problems
There are reports of the electric door locks malfunctioning.
There are reports of premature clutch wear on cars equipped with manual transmissions. Clutch replacement on these vehicles can be quite costly.
Minis have an electric power steering pump that is prone to failure. When replacing the pump, our technicians advise inspecting the cooling fan because it is often the cause of the failure of the pump.
Mini Cooper Questions
All 3 came on. I replaced pads and that light went off, others still on. Now service engine soon light came on too! Help!!! Please...
do I need to replace the Spark Plugs on my 2010 Mini which is now on 90177K
After shutting off the engine taking a drive from office to home 15-20 miles, Coolant starts leaking continuously at 2 spots down the bumper. Got diagnosed for two times from two different persons wasting time and money. Performed thermostat test and done pressure test on reservoir, radiator as ...
Mini Cooper Recalls
The incorrect tire pressure label may have been installed during assembly. Some vehicles were equipped with 17-inch wheels, but the label is for 16-inch wheels; inflation pressure may also be incorrect. Tire durability and vehicle stability can be affected by incorrect tires or tire pressure, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will mail customers the correct tire pressure labels, or they will install the correct label if you prefer. This recall is scheduled to begin by Match 4, 2010.
Twelve Mini Cooper vehicles were assembled with 15-inch wheels instead of 16-inch wheels and tires as indicated on the tire frame label on the door frame. This does not conform with with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard regarding tires and wheels. Dealers will replace the 15-inch wheels and tires with the-16 inch wheels and tires free of charge. The recall began May, 2009.
Mini Cooper Reviews
DO NOT BUY A 2002 TO 2006 MINI COOPER.... WARNING!!!!TRANSMISSION PROBLEM!!!...
Great car. Mine is a Cooper S with the JCW air intake/exhaust add-on. Fun to drive. Plenty of front seat legroom (and I'm 6'2"). Rear seat is usable in a pinch, even by me, if the person in front moves the seat up a bit. The supercharged engine has plenty of pep. In fact, I used to have an early '80s Porsche 911 and this car is almost just as fun to drive as the Porsche! Just be caref...
Handles and brakes really well. Super fun to drive, however I did have the automatic transmission failure that is mentioned here, fortunately it was still under warranty. Gotta love the great mileage too!