last year i was sitting in my car with the ac running, everything weorking fine. waiting on my mother. all of the sudden the thermostat shot up hot and my air blew hot air. I shut the car off and all was well. However, we had no air. I tried a few cans of freon, worked slightly for a day of so but that was it. Then i had the entire system drained and refilled and checked for leaks. was told there were none. again it worked slighjtly for a few days and that was it. Now i have tried to cans of freon with the dye hioping to see something but not yet. The freon helps it blowslightly cooler air but nothing like it used to. aklso when i sit in idle mode the car seem to get hot when ac is on. please advise..
mine is an ac issue on 2002 Kia Sportage
Asked by for the 2002 Kia Sportage
3 more answers
This week's top 10
Recent Kia Sportage Questions
- How many fuel injectors are there in my Kia Sportage 2002, 4, cyl.
- Whining noise from transmission area between 30-70 mph, what could this be?
- Radio is on, looks like it is working but no sound will come out.
- I have oil soaking all for plugs. What is the most likely source of the oil
- Why does my water pump belt keep popping?
2002 Kia Sportage Estimates
- Throttle Position Sensor Replacement ($135 - 207) in Shirley, IN
- Engine Overheating Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Kewanee, MO
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Front ($263 - 554) in Brooklyn, MS
- Radiator Fan Motor Replacement ($268 - 323) in Clay Springs, AZ
- Wheel Alignment Adjust ($88 - 111) in Altoona, IA
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($60 - 73) in South Union, KY