I am getting a metal on metal noise when braking in reverse after car sits for awhile, mostly when it is humid, damp out. The mechanic did not hear noise but front brakes were low so I had them replaced. No sound all day (dry out) then later it started to mist/snow and noise was back???
Metal Noise on 2008 Hyundai Elantra
Asked by for the 2008 Hyundai Elantra
Your mechanic will have to remove all wheels and re-inspect the brakes. Could just be the material the brake pads are made from but safer to get it checked. If it is making a noise that is due to metal to metal contact it will leave a visible mark on something.
1 answerNovember 08, 2010
2 answersMay 12, 2011
1 answerJanuary 20, 2010
0 answersAugust 04, 2015
1 answerJuly 06, 2015
This week's top 10
Recent Hyundai Elantra Questions
- oil system exploded while driving ,losing most oil. Has this been a problem
- Is my car covered with its warranty still?
- The inside door locking lever works for only front and rear right side only.
- car wont shift, stuck in park.
- My car will shift fine but then all of a sudden it just stops and won't move
2008 Hyundai Elantra Estimates
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Front ($315 - $786) in Pageton, WV
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Inner ($297 - $430) in Hill Afb, UT
- Door Window Regulator Replacement ($176 - $314) in Schell City, MO
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($644 - $985) in Utica, KS
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($303 - $396) in Chesterfield, MO
- Drive Belt Idler Pulley Replacement ($91 - $104) in Sheridan, CA