I am getting a metal on metal noise when braking in reverse after car sits for awhile, mostly when it is humid, damp out. The mechanic did not hear noise but front brakes were low so I had them replaced. No sound all day (dry out) then later it started to mist/snow and noise was back???
Metal Noise on 2008 Hyundai Elantra
Your mechanic will have to remove all wheels and re-inspect the brakes. Could just be the material the brake pads are made from but safer to get it checked. If it is making a noise that is due to metal to metal contact it will leave a visible mark on something.
1 answerNovember 08, 2010
2 answersMay 12, 2011
1 answerJanuary 20, 2010
0 answersAugust 04, 2015
1 answerJuly 06, 2015
This week's top 10
Recent Hyundai Elantra Questions
- Where is the turn signal relay located?
- Bought car recently for wife.Did not come with key fob.Can I get 1& how? Thank U
- Noise in front end sounds like Rd noise but its not
- Where is the crankshaft position sensor located. The last code said to replace.
- Control arm broken and is under a recall is any of the other damages covered by