Mercury Villager Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercury Villager
- While driving down the road,the van brake light blinked then the van lost power.
- Reasons my car will not go in reverse? Would the top converter cause this?
- Drove car home has been shifting hard. Now car won't shift out 1st.
- I messed with a part on the throttle body and now my van don't idle rightor shif
- Would knock sensor cause my engine to miss and quit while driving, slowing, stop
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
Mercury Villager Problems
The distributor shaft bearing can become rusty, and seize causing the engine to stall or not start. The failed distributor will commonly require replacement.
The fuel injectors can fail and cause drivability problems. Often there is no Check Engine light and the failures can be caused by corrosion of the connector, clogging beyond the point of cleaning, and/or internal failures.
The exhaust manifold often warps and cracks, breaking off the studs between the cylinder head and the exhaust manifold. A ticking type noise may be noted most noticeable when the engine is cold.
Mercury Villager Questions
Tried a jump,checked fuses and replaced distributor.But I am still not getting fire.The motor cranks but won't fire. Please help!!!!
I have a 1996 Mercury Villager Nautica. Added 4 quarts of transmission fluid because the stick showed it to be very low. Van will not go in reverse.
When your driving it don't shift right or idle right when you come to a stop
Mercury Villager Recalls
Mercury Villager Reviews
pleased with van. One problem we seem to not be able to figure out is it keeps coming up with a p0300 multi cylinder misfire. We are completely lost. Done tune up, new distributor,timing,brakes,oil change. If anyone is having this same problem please contact me via email and let me know. Tired of paying mechanic bills. email is email@example.com
I just bought this car with 168k miles and so far it is the most comfortable car I have driven. Good on milage. My van also has a little shake on 65mph. I did not take it to any shop yet, so I do not know what it is. Another auto center told me that the van needs some service on transmission because the fluid is turning light. Everything is working except the A/C and Heat. A/C needs to be repla...
I have had this Villager since September of 1999 when it was new. It has 125,000 original miles. Over all I have been very pleased with the van...used it to haul my wife and five daughters all over Texas, now it just gets me back and forth to work...Valve covers started leaking at 100,000 miles, replaced the front, back is a @#$&* to get to. Some electrical problems, had to have the front win...