Mercury Tracer Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercury Tracer
- where fan relay is located and what it looks like
- How hard is it to replace valve cover gasket on the 2.0 4cyl 96 mercury tracer?
- Front driver's side makes a wobal noise at 35-45mph stops if I speed up turn whe
- What could be causing a clacking noise in the rear end when applying the brakes?
- Is the O around the D does that mean over drive
Mercury Tracer Problems
Valve seats (components in the cylinder head that help seal the valve) can fall out. When this happens, it causes rough running and creates noise. Replacement of the cylinder head is commonly required to fix this problem.
Mercury Tracer Questions
the fan doesn't come on at all but car hasn't gotten hot
A clacking noise occurs in the rear end when applying brakes at low speeds, and It happens almost every time if car is moving under 20 mph.
Mercury Tracer Recalls
Mercury Tracer Reviews
I LOVE my Tracer! Bought in 11/2000 with about 45K miles. Currently has 209K miles (as of 7/2011) & still runs very well! Have had to do very little non-routine maintenance. I get average of 32-33 mpg; >90% of my driving is on the highway. I will be VERY sad when I have to get another car; I plan to drive this one until the end. I've never really had to drive the car in the snow, so I can...
Pretty good car. She has made it thur 4 trips back and forth to Texas. Great gas mileage. not a lot to complain about
Fun little car mine is actually good in snow up in NY only drawback would be brakes and stiff seats. Happily recommend this car tho gettin 25/34 mpg to and from work. Cruising along at 127k miles will drive it till i dies.