Mercury Topaz Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercury Topaz
- What would cause my battery to drain intermittently for no obvious reason?
- My 1990 runs horrible when the service engine light come on
- anyone ever hear of an oil pump seizing up
- I was told by a mechanic that the oil pump is seizing striping the worm gear
- the spring rod popped on the trunk anyone know how to put it back in place?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Mercury Topaz Problems
Fuel pump failure can cause the engine to crank but fail to start. Diagnosis will show insufficient, or no fuel pressure, and fuel pump in the fuel tank will need to be replaced.
The vehicle may lose vehicle speed signal, which can affect speedometer operation and transmission shift quality. Most often the Vehicle Speed Sensor is faulty, however, at times, the driven gear inside the transmission is at fault. Replace the Vehicle Speed sensor and inspect the driven gear upon sensor removal.
Poor rubber material used in the motor mounts can cause them to fail, leading to a knocking noise or lifting sensation on acceleration. The motor mounts will need to be replaced with revised parts.
Mercury Topaz Questions
the gear at the bottom of distributor keeps wearing out on my 1993 Mercury Topaz with a 3.0 motor
The low and high end ports on the AC system are the old design and are now illegal to use i tried to hook up the new ports that are sold at autozone but they dont fit the threads because its about a bicycle size thread and are too skinny to fit inside the new ports so how can i fill up this system?
I need to add freon but i can' t find the a.c. ports
Mercury Topaz Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 1992-1995 Taurus and Mercury Sable models with 3.8L engines, 1994-1995 Taurus and Mercury Sable models with 3.0L engines, 1992-1994 Tempo and Mercury Topaz models with 3.0L engines, 1994 Tempo and Mercury Topaz models with 2.3L engines, and 1992-1994 Lincoln Continental models in certain cold weather states for an issue with the engine electric cooling fan. During high winds, low temperatures, and drifting snow, the fan could become blocked or frozen with snow. This could cause the fan not to rotate and ultimately overheat. Dealers will install a harness with a circuit breaker to protect the fan motor from overheating.
Mercury Topaz Reviews
I have a 1988 Mercury Topaz, but I am having problems with engine leaks and my Fan will not shut off. WHAT CAN I DO AND WHAT DO I NEED TO REPLACE?
I love this car. Bought it off a girlfriend for 400. bucks, 3 yrs ago, ole blue hasn't let me down. I replaced serptine belt and hydrolic balancer. With regular tune ups and maintainence she runs like a gem. Only issue is heater in winter freezes, simple piece of card board solved that. Great car, cheap, easy on gas, no issues with oil l;eaks... Low insurance and NO payments!!!!!
over all i like this car