Mercury Mountaineer Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercury Mountaineer
- My mountaineer shakes when I drive I don't what is wrong with my mountaineer
- How to change air door actuator?
- I have interior lights & headlights. No lights on dash, overhead & tail
- why wont my transmission go forward, it gos reverse
- My A/C is workg. The air blenders are working. Why is nothing but heat blowing?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Mercury Mountaineer Problems
A cosmetic crack may develop on the plastic liftgate trim panel. Our technicians tell us the Ford has released a service procedure to replace the applique without damage the the liftgate glass.
A failed heater blend door or actuator can cause the temperature control for the HVAC system to stop working. A clicking sound from the dash area would commonly indicate an actuator fault. If the heater gets stuck on the hottest setting, the heater blend door may be broken requiring replacement of the heater box to repair the issue.
The composite (plastic) intake manifold may crack near the thermostat housing and cause a coolant leak. Ford released an updated manifold that was reinforced to prevent a recurrence. No recall was issued for this problem but Ford did extend the warranty to seven years on some models from the date of purchase.
Mercury Mountaineer Questions
When I start my mountaineer it kinda shakes but when I start to drive it shakes little crazy and when I'm parked at the light I shakes and you can tell my vehicle is shaking please help
Mercury Mountaineer Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 2010 model year Ford Explorer, Explorer Sport Trac, Fusion, and Fusion Hybrid vehicles along with Mercury Mountaineer, Milan, and Milan Hybrid vehicles for an issue with the front seat backs equipped with manual recliner mechanisms. In the event of a crash, the seat back and head restraint may move rearward, increasing the risk of injury. This is due to incorrect specification in the design of the gear plate teeth on the seat back recliner. Dealers will replace the manual recliners free of charge.
A bolt securing the transmission oil cooler lines to the transmission may not have been sufficiently torqued during assembly. If the oil cooler lines separate from the transmission and transmission fluid contacts the catalytic converter, a fire could start. Dealers will inspect and tighten the transmission cooler line attachment. The recall began August 30, 2007. The Ford recall number is 07S56.
Mercury Mountaineer Reviews
This vehicle has nice features and it is comfortable to drive. That's where the positive stops. In the five years that I have owned it, the air conditioner has stopped working 4 times, over 4 consecutive years (not a good thing in Arizona). The CD player has quit working 3 times. The rear hatch window became disengaged and shattered. Months later the rear hatch cracked down the middle. The gas ...
I AM IN THE PROCESS OF CONTACTING MERCURY ABOUT MY REAR HATCH WHICH ALSO HAD THE PROBLEMS WITH THE STRUT CAUSING MY REAR HATCH TO SLIDE DOWN AND SHATTER THE GLASS (ALL OVER MY 13 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER). MY TRANSMISSION IS ALSO JERKING WHEN IT SHIFTS. MINE IS A 2003 AWD AND IT HAS 115,000 MILES ON IT. THIS IS BULL AND I AGREE THAT FORD NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
Just bought this with 112,000 miles. Took it to mechanic for evaluation, invested $1,200 in suspension and rear axle bearings. The vehicle is very comfortable and plenty of power in the 4.0 V6. My son on his way to Navy in Florida reported the transmission 1 & 2 gear went out in Alabama. It would move in 3rd, drive and reverse. Oh it needs a rebuild of the transmission $ 3,000.00. The transmis...