Reviews for Mercury Mariner years:

Mercury Mariner Reviews and Owner Comments

Mercury MarinerOwner Reviews (25 reviews)
  • 2009 Mercury Mariner
    Visitor, Beloit, KS, March 28, 2014 19:56
    Had the mariner for 7 months now and I am really pleased with it. The V6 has plenty of pep for me and I really like the 30+ miles per gallon. I like the visibility and the head room. Tried a chevy equanaux and could not get in without bumping my head. I had a 03 mariner and it was about the same but not as good gas mileage. I think I will stick with mariners.
    Visitor, Hobbs, NM, February 27, 2014 17:41
    2008 Mercury Mariner - I have had my car for 6 years, over 108,000 miles and have never had a single problem with it. It still rides great. I have never had to have the breaks replaced, not even the battery. Nothing leaks and the Sewell Ford dealership in Odessa, TX has the best service of any dealership I have ever used. They are the very best.
  • 2007 Mercury Mariner
    Truth Be Told, Lake Forest, CA, February 04, 2013 13:05
    Bought my 2007 Mercury Mariner LX V6 4WD, used in 2009, with 24,000 miles. For the first year, I believed I had made a good purchase, however having to replace brakes (pads and rotors turned) at 30,000 miles. I didn't give this a second thought as the brakes may have never before been serviced. Then at 37,000 miles I had to replace them again. At 44,000 I had to replace the rotors, as well. The car "eats" brakes. OK, so now we're at 71,000 miles. The transmission has gone and needs to be replaced. $4,000.00 bill. No car should require a new transmission at 70,000 +/- miles. I had owned a Ford Bronco (1986 V8, 4WD, Eddie Bauer Edition - purchased brand new) that was such a mechanical-failure-nightmare, I swore I'd never buy another Ford product again in my lifetime. Well, I bought the Mercury Mariner (first Ford failure... shame on them; second Ford failure... shame on me), and my vow has been re-established. Never again will I buy a Ford product. I've had three Jeeps and not so much as a single major repair. I have now had two Fords and they are nothing but mechanical headaches. No wonder the Japanese, Germans, and Koreans are taking over the auto industry, huh? They build quality and reliability. Something the American car makers don't understand.
    Visitor, Lawrenceville, GA, December 21, 2012 03:27
    I have about 140,000 miles on my car. This has been a great investment. The only problem I am having now are; the oxgyen sensors are bad. I am having a hard time trying to replace it. This has been an excellent buy. I am very happy I purchased this car.
  • 2010 Mercury Mariner
    Visitor, Kingsland, GA, December 05, 2012 04:58
    When I purchased the vechicle, I was told the everything was 100% in good working condition. The vechicle only had 32,000 miles on it. 2 days after I purchased the Mariner, I tried the front defrost switch and there was no heat whatsoever. I called the dealer and they said that they didn't know if the heater problem was covered in the warranty. I checked the heater hoses at the fire wall and both were hot, this lead me to believe that this vechicle had front end damaged and the heater control for the AC/heater vent door was not reconnected. At this time according to the dealer that the A/C section of the box was warrantied but the heater section is not. Does anyone have any knowedge or ideas to help me with this delemlia.......... contact me at . thank you..........
    Visitor, Detroit, MI, July 07, 2012 03:25
    This the second transmission, new u joints, tie rod ends inner and outer, new power steering pump (car still hard to steer). I will probally need a new rack and pinion and now the emission system light is on. ?? what next. Can't afford a new car?
    Visitor, Torrington, CT, March 16, 2012 05:26
    I loved this car when I first got it but every time I turn around something goes wrong with this car.. I would never buy another mercury again I am going back to buying only Chevy from now on..
    Visitor, Howell, MI, February 25, 2012 15:29
    This car has been a maintenance nightmare. At 70,065 miles, the engine went, due to lack of lubrication making it to the top end. The cam shafts came loose, flopped around, and tore up the block so bad I could not get a core on it when I got a new engine installed. 6 days out of the 6 year / 100,000 mile warranty. Brakes went early, half shaft went at 40k, it's noisy and neither my fiance nor I feel like this car is well built. In the last three years, I have put 100,000 miles more (now at 175,000) on my 06 4runner, and have replaced only a turn signal, and I tow a 5000 lb trailer 30% of the time. Never again will I own a Ford product.
    Visitor, Rolling Prairie, IN, February 23, 2012 03:13
    The back hatch piece that covers the lifting lever just cracked off for no good reason. A friend at work saw this, and he stated the same happened to his mother-in-laws. I'm also having an interior moisture problem where the driver and passenger front windows rattle, which allows water to leak inside. The car has 79,000 miles. I wish I didn't have the above two issues because I like the ride and size.
    Flaskman, Las Vegas, NV, February 06, 2012 15:03
    I have had this car for over 6 years. The only problems that we have had were a rear tail light went out and the battery was replaced after 4 years. Built well and very reliable. I remember reading the consumer report on this car and they had to dig and stab low to find a problem with this vehicle. I recall that they hated the "Faux wood trim" around the radio and A/C controls. The other excuse was just as lame. Americans do build a great product and it’s sad to see Mercury fade away.
    Visitor, Eau Claire, WI, November 12, 2011 17:33
    This was my first new car out of college so I don't have anything else decent to compare it to. Bought used at 15,000 miles. At 40,000 I had to replace the power steering pump which at the ford dealer was close to $1,000. Was told that there was a potential for the rack to be damaged which would have added another $1,000. Lucky for me that wasn't the case. Other than that no real big problems. Drives OK. Works well in Wisconsin even with 2 wheel drive (as long as the tires are decent). I guess I don't drive it all that much. We bought a cheap Sante Fe and use that for all of our long trips and daily commute to work.
    Visitor, Columbus, OH, September 18, 2011 09:01
    I purchased my car in 2005 and am now around 86,000 miles on it and it has been in the shop one time due to the gas pedal sticking. If you were driving down the highway and had to take your foot off the pedal and then try to press it down again it would stick and not move. I had to keep tapping it and then to get to the dealer ship i had to drive 15 miles holding the gas pedal down without letting off so when i came to red lights i would have to hold both pedals down at the same time. To date this is the only issue i have had with the car. well the headlights were to dim for rainy driving at night so i had to replace them with the blue lights and I have to admit i am still not happy using those in the rain so during fall and winter i have to use my fog lights to see the lines on the road for safe driving. The car has been excellent
    Visitor, Willingboro, NJ, September 02, 2011 23:51
    2005 Mercury Mariner Premier AWD. My wife's vehicle that she has driven everyday religiously since we drove it new off the dealers show room is now at 218,000 miles. My wife droves from south Jersey to North Jersey or into New York city almost everyday for work. 750 mi - 1k miles per week average. This has been a great vehicle. I do all the regular maintence. Usually I use full synthetic or synthetic bland. Now that the mileage is so high I have been using a heavier oil 20-50. The SUV had lots of road noise when driving it. But we did the 1st new tire change around 140,000. It had Continental tires, we changed to Mitchelin tires. Wow, what a differences, the exterior road noise was gone. The only problem we have ever had was around 100,000 miles. The traction control ring that goes around the front driver side axle broke. $32 part at the dealer. I puller the axle myself and 2 hours later the job was done. The alternator went out around 160,000 miles. My wife was in NYC and that was a $700 tab between towing and parts and labor. No problem since. I have notice a slight rust at buttom of front passenger door. Over all this has been a service free vehicle with no problems out of the ordinary.
    Visitor, Auburn, WA, August 17, 2011 16:55
    Has been a great car. Drive it every day for work. Done regular maintenance and have had no problems.
    Visitor, Canton, MI, July 18, 2011 09:19
    We bought this car new & purchased the premium care warantee @ the same time. Good thing we did. @ ~16K we had to have the tie rod ends & the heater core replaced. Now @ ~40K we have to replace the brake rotors because of excessive corrosion. The electrical system goes bright/dim regularly & has ever sinse we bought it. If you need to rely on your car & do not want your wife or kids starnded in the middle of nowhere, then DO NOT buy this car. Ford REALLY went out of its way to go cheap on this one. Oh & the dealer (Hines Park Lincoln) was so concerned w/us having the rental car for another day had me sit there for 2 hrs. after work so they could return the car as soon as they could. In the process they left greasy residue all over everywhere they had to touch in the inetrior of my Mariner, literally. I was so mad that I took pictures & will eventually send them into Ford to show them what wondeful, quality service their dealers are providing. There's no excuse for those kinds of quality control issues. A monkey can take care of those kinds of things.
    Visitor, Jasper, GA, May 10, 2011 11:08
    I bought my 2008 Mariner new off the showroom floor and have 118,000 miles on it. My transmission started slipping at 48,000 miles. It turned out there was a clip that needed to be replaced (covered under warranty). I started getting a lot of road noise in the car around 80K miles. Some of the rubber seal pieces are coming off causing me to hear air sounds when driving. The paint started peeling off around the trim pieces around 85K miles. My A/C compressor went out around 100K miles and is going to cost a little over $800.00 to fix. I'm not completely dissatisfied with with the Mariner it has been a so/so car not great, but fair.
    Visitor, Marion, IA, May 03, 2011 19:06
    VERY expensive to repair... when the transmission goes, its gone. Mechanic described it as looking like a grenade went off. $3300 all said and done. Even the alternator cost $400. Great little car in the snow, but the things just too expensive to repair...
    Visitor, Colcord, OK, November 30, 2010 06:46
    I bought this car and have loved every min of it. But, when it hit 70000 miles, the tranny went out. The dealership said it was due to not flushing the transmission. So, I suggest doing what they say and save yourself 5000. Thats what they charge. The flush is scheduled every 30000 miles.
    Visitor, Elk River, MN, October 14, 2010 12:23
    I just went over 90,000 miles and am just needing to have the brakes done now. I've replaced the wiper blades, but I live in Minnesota where the winters are notoriously hard on wiper blades. The only thing that bothers me about the vehicle is the road noise, which I understand they corrected on newer models. I for one am very sad that Mercury is being phased out. I think it's been an excellent brand.
    Visitor, New York, NY, September 12, 2010 16:18
    Mercury Mariners Have Brake issues, there are over 225 people reporting that Mercury Mariners 2008 have had to replace brakes and rotors after just 18,000 miles on a brand new purchase. ford will not admit to the issue even thought there are several documented cases.
    Visitor, Simpsonville, SC, July 24, 2010 16:14
    I've changed my oil and rotated my tires every 5,000 miles, my tires every 55,000 miles and have just hit 135,000 miles and I now need new front brakes and rotors. Problems: The tail lights stopped working, but the dash instrumentation said all the lights were working properly. The dealer checked it out and said I needed to replace a $400 computer. The heated seat caused a small burn hole in drivers seat
  • 2010 Mercury Mariner
    Visitor, Massapequa, NY, May 20, 2010 04:18
    8 months in and so far so good. easy ride. cargo space is a bit smaller than expected. wierd fold down seating.
    Visitor, Commerce Township, MI, April 27, 2010 05:46
    I am over 90,000 miles on my 2006 Mariner Hybrid and it still runs great. Only needed new tires, regular oil changes (every 6-8,000 miles) and new wipers. I am just getting the brakes changed at 90,500 miles. My next car will definitely be another Mariner or Escape Hybrid.
    Visitor, Lithia Springs, GA, April 06, 2010 13:55
    I have had my car for 3 years and I have not had any major problems at all.
    Bates, New Castle, DE, March 03, 2010 10:42