Mercury Mariner Hybrid Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercury Mariner Hybrid
- $3000 to replace entire AC system
- My navigation DVD is not being read. I was told it probably needs reset.
- what is the average life span for the elec motor batteries
- The rear battery cooling fan won't shut off..not even hot, why is it on?
- On average what is the life span of the electric motor batteries.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Mercury Mariner Hybrid Problems
Hard driving conditions, including quick starts from a stop and hard acceleration up hills, can cause the rear motor mount to crack. The broken motor mount needs to be replaced, otherwise damage to the hybrid drive system may result.
The Check Engine Light may illuminate with code P0442, P0456, and/or P1450. These codes are related to the EVAP system. Our technicians tell us that if no EVAP system faults are confirmed, updated software is available for the powertrain control module (PCM) which should correct this concern.
Mercury Mariner Hybrid Questions
This has never happened before.
Dealer just told me I need this module to fix a message!!!
Vehicle totally losses power and I can get over to the side and sit for a minute and it will crank easily and go again, but the problem continues.Can You help me?
Mercury Mariner Hybrid Reviews
My 2008 Mariner 2WD had to have the computer replaced at about 38,000 miles. It's failure caused the car to quit running on the highway, very dangerious. The good news was the hybrid feature allowed me to get to a dealer and it was covered by the 60,000 mile powertrain warrenty. Now at 59,000 mile the AC compressor failed and had to be replaced (not warrenteed) to the tune of $1,100.00. I a...
Monday, went to open the car, and neither remote would work. The touch pad on the door also would not work. Opened the door with the key, and the motor would start, but could not get out of park. None of the digital/electronic displays worked. Windows nor locks would work. Air conditioner and cruise did. I was able to drive the car by disabling the "Park/Transmission" lock switch. The de...
The break issue posted above is caused by a faulty speed sensor in the cruise control. Mine was under warranty, but it took them maybe 30 minutes. I had this, and the real tailgate release break. Otherwise no tires, no repairs nothing for 110K miles. It is a great car.