Mercury Capri Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercury Capri
- where is the data port located, or is there some other way to check for codes
- Car cranks. Try to start but won't. Like not getting gas. Wheres the pump locate
- do ya have to take off the metal line to install thermostat...it blocks the bott
- what is the color of the wires for the maf/iat sensor for a 1992 Mercury capri.
- Will crank /won't start/coil,fuel pump,spark plugs good
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
Mercury Capri Problems
An alternator pulley, of the incorrect size, installed at the factory can be the cause of drive belt failure and illumination of the battery light. The alternator pulley should be inspected and replaced as necessary if the drive belt brakes. When the new belt installed, it must be adjusted to the proper tension.
Fitment and deterioration of weatherstripping on mating surfaces of the convertible top can cause water to leak in the interior. The contour of the roof can also contribute to the leak problems. Foam can be added to bolster the contact points where leaks occur and / or the weatherstrips can be replaced where they are deformed.
Faulty material in manufacturing could cause the inside door pull handle to break. Both handles should be replaced.
Mercury Capri Questions
If memory serves me right they said it was the hydro carbons and that it barely failed. They told me to add a fuel additive and bring it back but it didn't pass again but it was closer. The car had been sitting in a garage and almost never used for the past few years. The shop said I shoul...
Hoked battery up backwards.then replaced main fuse. When you put key in run position and the check engine light comes on, it wil start. Turn off and turn key back to run and light doent come on and no start. The car will only start once every 6-8hrs. When it starts, you can drive anywhere as long...
Mercury Capri Recalls
Mercury Capri Reviews
A fun car. Not a lot of power/pick up on the lower end engine. Soft top has a bunch of leaks, but otherwise simple design and solid construction. No real mechanical trouble
got a 92 non turbo only 100hp makes it a little slow but it shifts nice runs good too, 18 years old and the body is amazing condition, downfall is the top was worn out pretty badly but they are kinda cheap to the most part. most defenently worth getting one if you find one. I only payed $800 for a good condition car with only 78,000 miles on it. deal so far.
good car to drive good on gas and fun to drive on the weekend let the top down and drive on the hot sun good for short trip to the beach.