2004 Mercury Mountaineer Problem Reports

Newest 2004 Mercury Mountaineer Problem Reports

I keep having to replace my front wheel bearings, both sides. I'm luck if I get 6-8 mos, new or used do not matter.

Well because I can't get out from under the warranty, meaning I can't get the part to last as long as its supposed to, I'm basically guaranteed lifetime of the vehicle, replacement bearings and the dealership hates me cuz of it...

I have 2 other friends same make n model...same problem. Why isn't this recalled yet?

I've...

The rear window wiper may not fully contact the rear window. To fix, replacement of both the wiper blade and wiper arm is necessary.

A rattling noise from the engine may indicate that the timing chain cassette is worn. Our technicians tell us that installing an updated cassette and timing chain tensioner should correct this concern.

A failed heater blend door or actuator can cause the temperature control for the HVAC system to stop working. A clicking sound from the dash area would commonly indicate an actuator fault. If the heater gets stuck on the hottest setting, the heater blend door may be broken requiring replacement of the heater box to repair the issue.

The rear wiper may stop working. This could be due to a rear wiper motor that has failed requiring replacement.

A cosmetic crack may develop on the plastic liftgate trim panel. Our technicians tell us the Ford has released a service procedure to replace the applique without damage the the liftgate glass.

The composite (plastic) intake manifold may crack near the thermostat housing and cause a coolant leak. Ford released an updated manifold that was reinforced to prevent a recurrence. No recall was issued for this problem but Ford did extend the warranty to seven years on some models from the date of purchase.