2003 Mercedes-Benz ML350 Q&A

2003 Mercedes-Benz ML350 Question: Mercedes ML350 wheel bearing problem

Why am I hearing a noise in the front left tire area that goes faster as I excelerate? -
Yes, this is usually due to a bad wheel bearing. However, you should have your car inspected, as there are other things that can be wrong with it. -
I just bought a ML350 with only 45K miles on it. The Dealer sold it to me. I started hearing the same kind of sounds. Took back to the dealer and they told me I may have problems with the front right side brake. I took it back and they claim to hear no sounds twice! Then third time I drove with the mechanic and he heard it by the grace of God! Next day they called and gave me the bad news of Front Differential broken!! They won't cover it (as they claim they sold me the car as is!) and the cost is about $4200 for the replacement and parts! I hope you do not have the same problems. -
Comment 1
The noise is in the steering column where it goes through to the engine compartment - shake it and it will rattle! My ML350 had the same problem and was repaired after part ordered from Germany. They called it a Steering bearing and it is a plastic boot-like part at the fire wall. JACK -
We had a soft scraping sound from the right-front which our mechanic told me was the break pad wear sensor on that side. This scrapes every time the wheel rotates and is audible when driving - especially in a tunnel if you wind down the window. This would explain why the frequency increases as you go faster. Brake pads were replaced at reasonable cost and all good. -
How do I remove the the front wheel bearing? Is is pressed in there?
We checked for a code with a scanner and it looks like a left rear Wheel speed sensor.I disconnected the sensor connector to check the resistance of the sensor (383,000 ohms)I found that high,so I ...
What repairs should I expect in the next 25-30000 miles?
5420, 5116, 5113, 5399, 7266, 5112, 1991, 1961. This all seemed to happen right after the following was done, left front wheel bearing and abs sensor, new rear struts brakes and rotors, new back ti...