Mercedes-Benz SLK350 Reviews

Mercedes-Benz SLK350 Reviews and Owner Comments

I've been driving the 2012 SLK350 since late June 2011. Overall, it's a great car. I love its performance and handling. There has been one annoying mechanical deficit though. A month after I took delivery of the vehicle, it started sounding like a helicopter was hovering about 10 feet overhead. Turns out a fuel pump valve was bad. So, after waiting 3 weeks for the part to arrive from Germany, they replaced it. After that, the car ran great. Flawless! That was until September 2012, when once again that sound came back. It's in the shop today, having yet another fuel pump put in. I'm hoping this is not a yearly thing.
An excellent convertable. The hard top convertible works well and provides and excellent hard-top driving during off season driving. The car has been a very good value for me. Gas milage has been about 18-20 MPG around town. Despite being small, the trunk holds two sets of golf clubs (carry bag size) but you cannot also put the top down. My only complaints are that it is a roadster, so it is noisy on the highway but perfect around town. I think the navigation is better in some other cars, it does not have a comprehensive POI dataset. The iPOD connector was expensive and it does not seem to charge my iPOD Nano version 4-5. I also miss that it is a two seat car and I cannot carry friends and family. In summary, if you are looking for a roadster that has a hard-top convertible and head-turning appeal then this car is worth considering.
I have to make a trip almost every month for one or other electrical problem. Fix one, and then another one shows up in 5-10 days. Nothing major, mostly turn signals, fog lights, seat belt sensors.