Mercedes-Benz SL320 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz SL320
- Hard/soft Tops May Develop Problems Due to Age
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- Radiators Break Due to Degradation of the Plastic Tanks and Fittings
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Transmission Oil Seals May Leak on High Mileage Vehicles
- how do I change the radio bulb I have the radio out
- I replaced the battery and now the seat belt alarm won't shut off!
- My car went into the body shop to have the windshield replaced ... as I was
- When the battery is jumped, why do certain features stop working?
- can you help me open cylinder head and replace gasket procedure
Mercedes-Benz SL320 Problems
As vehicles age, various problems may develop with the hard and soft tops. If problems are encountered, it would be recommended to have a technician familiar with these tops perform the diagnoses.
The engine wiring can degrade because the insulating material falls off leaving the bare wire exposed. This can cause many problems depending on which wires are exposed and what they touch.
A coolant leak may develop form the Radiator due to degradation of its plastic components. Replacement of the failed radiator will be necessary.
Mercedes-Benz SL320 Questions
driving away from the body shop every time I used my turn signal the instrument cluster would light up with error codes.
I took the car back immediately and was told the wiring under the passenger seat was fried? Is this just a coincidence or did the body shop do something to the car? They had...
I just purchased this low mileage(~49,000 miles)SL320 and noticed that the top control button was on and the soft top, roll bar, radio did not work. The dealer told me they would look into it and what they found was some "codes that had to be reset"; this seemed to take care of the prob...
ALSO NEED DETAILS ON REPLACING TIMING CHAIN AND ENGINE VALVE TIMING